Chapter 4

"I just can't get over how grown up you two are. And so gorgeous." Cora, The waitress, says while handing us our food. I ordered burger and fries, my favorite. I smile at Cora before talking a big bite into my burger. Have i mentioned i love food, no, well i really love food. A bearded guy, who i actually remember, Waylon Forge, comes up behind Cora. " Do you girls remember me? I was Santa one year." He says with a smile. " Waylon they haven't had a Christmas here since they were four." Dad says before i get the chance to speak. Of course i know him. I use to see him every time i came here. He was always the sweetest.

"Bet i made an impression, though." He says before laughing. I nod. Yes. Yes he did. " You always do." Dad says. I giggle and smile at waylon. "Well lets let the girls eat their food, waylon." Cora says before turning to us. " When you guys are done, i'll bring you your favorites. Berry cobbler and chocolate cake. Right? Your dad switches between them, every Thursday." I look over and glare at dad, who pretends to not see me. That is definitely not good for him. I smile at Cora and nod while Bella say " That'd be great, Thank you."

Cora smiles at us one more time before turning around and walking away with waylon. I reach out and grab the ketchup and puts some on my plate. I put it back down and both Bella and dad reach for it at the same time and knock hands. Dad pulls his hand back and lets Bella have it first. Awkward.

"So, uh how was school?" Dad says trying to spark up a conversation. I sallow my bite before smiling and saying " It was good. I actually made a friend today and all my teachers were very nice. Ooo also the lunch they served was amazing." He smiles as i continue to babble on. This was always my favorite part of staying here with dad, The conversations, I love talking to him. I remember even after summer was over and i had to go back home, i called him every night so that i could to talk about my day, and his day, and anything else that was on my mind.
"And you Bella?" He asks after i finish talking. "uh it was fine." She says while playing with her fries.
"Did...Did you make any friends?" She finishes chewing her fry before nodding and saying "Yea a couple." Dad nods and takes a bite of his steak. "So you eat here every night?" Bella asks looking over at him. " Yea its easier then washing dishes." He says. I definitely noticed that when i use to stay over. After the first couple of days, i started to make him food. Its definitely a lot healthier but of course when i leave he comes right back here. Which i don't blame him, they have really good food here. Its just not healthy for every single day.

"We can cook." She says to him after a little while of silence. He looks up confused for a minute before looking at me. I nod excitedly. I love cooking. " We usually do all the cooking at home. In Phoenix. Mom's not a great cook in the kitchen." She says while smiling slightly. That is definitely true. One time after school, i asked mom to make me a grilled cheese and she, well she burned it. Yet it was kinda still good. But anyway after that i always tried to help as much as i could and after a while Bella and i kinda just took over. " Yea i remember" Dad says before we all started laughing.

After a little while dad turns looks at us and says " So you're friends, tell me about them." I smile and say "I met a girl in art, Her name is Alice Cullen. Do you know the Cullen family?" He looks at me surprised. " Alice Cullen, yea shes nice. I know her father, Dr.Cullen, he's a surgeon at the hospital. An amazing one. We are so lucky his wife wanted to live in our small town. All their kids seem nice. They aren't anything like those hell raisers around here." I giggle before returning back to my food. " So how was your day dad?" He smiles before saying " It was good." He leans back and continues. My favorite thing. Hearing dad talk about his job. He always has the best stories.
****************************************************************************************************************************
I lay with my legs leaning on the wall and my head at the foot of Bella's bed. We are on the phone with mom. One rule she made with us coming here, was that we had to try to talk to her at least once a week ( She would like if it was once a day but we all agreed once or twice a week would be good).

"If spring training goes well, we could be living in Florida permanently." She says before she gets interrupted by a voice. " Please insert 25 cents to continue this call." I laugh before sitting up and speaking into the phone " Mom, Where is your cell?" I bet she lost her charger. Back home she use to use mine, and i would have to look around for hers. The moment i found it she would always lose hers again and the cycle continued.

"Okay no Rebecca i totally did NOT lose the power cord. It ran away. Screaming." I giggle. I miss her. That's one of the most hardest parts about the divorce. You always want to be with both. " Now tell me about school. What are the kids like? Are they being nice to you guys?" She asks us. I look over at Bella who doesn't really look like she wants to answer before saying "Oh yea, everyone is super nice. Very Welcoming." I Tell her before starting again " How's Phil?"

We talk to her for a few more minutes before saying goodnight. I get up and say goodnight to Bella before heading downstairs. I pass by dad, who is asleep on the couch, with some movie on in the background. I walk over and put a blanket over him before walking into the kitchen and grabbing a water bottle of out the fridge. I go make sure the doors are locked and then head up the stairs to my room. I put my water on the table by my bed.

I grab the book i'm currently reading off of my desk and jump into bed. I snuggle up underneath my covers and prop my head on a pillow. I smile before opening my book to the page i left off on and begin to read for a couple of hours.