Chapter 21

"A little more to the left. No not your left, my left. Right There, Perfect!" I step down and look up at the birthday sign. I thank Emmett for the help before heading into the kitchen and grab Bella's birthday cake. I bring it out into the living room and place it on the table next to the flowers. Her cake is purple with flowers all over it. It was very beautiful and looked very yummy.

"Come on its time to go get ready" Alice says pulling me upstairs. We head into her room and get dressed. Alice does my makeup while i do my hair. I fix my outfit in the mirror before heading out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

I head into the kitchen and check on Esme. "Hey, do you need any help?" I ask her bringing some of the fruit out of the fridge. "No, i'm good But thank you." Esme says smiling at me. I run over and hug her.We Stand there and talk for a little while before Alice comes running in. "Its time! I'm going to go get them from upstairs. You guys need to head to the living room." Alice says before leaving the room. Esme wipes her hand with a towel before we both leave the kitchen. The living room looked amazing. Pink candles were laying around everywhere and there were crystal bowls filled with roses. It honestly is incredible. I smile at everyone before looking at rose."You look beautiful. Both of you do." I say to rose and esme. "You all look gorgeous." Carlisle says smiling wide. I smile at him before walking over to stand in between jasper and rose.

I look over at the stairs to see Alice tugging Bella and Edward downstairs. I smile big at Bella who looked awkwardly around the room. Esme pulls Bella into a hug while Carlisle says "Sorry about all this. We tried to rein Alice and Becca in." I giggle sticking my tongue out at carlisle. "Yeah. Like that's even possible. Happy Birthday Bella." A flash lights up the living room causing everyone to look back at Alice, who is now holding Bella's camera. "I found it in your bag. Do you mind?" Bella shakes her head causing Alice to smile. In the corner of my eye i see Emmett move over to Edward." Dating an older woman. Hot." I overhear him say to Edward. Edward elbows him sharply causing me to giggle.

Rosalie step over to Bella and shoves a silver package to her. "Its a necklace. Alice and Becca picked it out." Rose then walks back over to me looking bored. I make a funny face at her making her laugh. "Show me the love!" Alice says aiming the camera at Bella and Edward, who stand next to each other awkwardly. Edward pulls Bella closer and they both look into each others eyes. I smile slightly. I guess they're kinda cute together. After that's done, i run over and pull Bella over to the table to look at the cake. "You know only Becca and me are gonna eat this cake. That thing could feed fifty." Bella says looking from Alice to me. I shrug before saying "It'll make for good leftovers."

"Here, open Emmett's gift next."Alice says handing Bella a box. She opens it and looks confused."Already installed it in your truck. Finally, a decent sound system for that piece of.." Emmett stops when i shove him lightly and say "Don't hate on the truck." Which Emmett laughs at. "Thank you." Bella says to him quietly causing him to nod. I jump up and grab another gift from the table and hand it to Bella. "This is from Esme and Carlisle."

"Just a little something to brighten your day. You've been looking kind of pale lately." Esme says in such a heartwarming voice. I smile before watching Bella. Bella starts to open it when all of a sudden, "Ouch... Paper cut." I stand there shocked and a little nervous. It may just seem like just a little blood to Bella and i , but this is definitely a different story to jasper. Speaking of jasper, i look over to see him breathing heavily. He lets out a snarl before i see him lunge at her. His teeth were bared and his eyes were wide and inhuman looking. Edward pushes Bella behind him a little to hard causing her to slam into the table. Jasper runs and slams into Edward. I run over to Bella who has glass surrounding her,while Edward tries to get jasper away. Emmett and carlisle tackles jasper from the side and drag him down. Alice runs over and tries to help hold him down.

When i get over to Bella, i see that she is bleeding way worse then before. She now has a long cut down her arm. I rip off a piece of my shirt and gently wrap it around her arm.I look back at the Cullens to see them all, well except carlisle, staring down at Bella's arm, at her blood with hungry looking eyes. My eyes start to water a little, thankfully carlisle runs over and helps me get her up. "Get jasper out of here.Now!" Carlisle screams causing his family to snap out of it. Rose and Emmett grabs jasper and drag him outside. "I'm sorry, I cant.."Alice says looking over at Bella and me apologetically before heading outside with the rest of the cullens. "Ill have to stitch this up" Carlisle says to me and Edward, who was still inside looking at Bella sadly. "Edward go check on jasper, We can handle this." I say looking over at him. He shakes his head, his eyes never leaving Bella. I let go of Bella as carlisle carries her to the kitchen and cross my arms. "We will take care of her, okay. Just go." He looks over at me for a moment before nodding and turning away and heading outside. I stand there a minute before turning around and walking into carlisle's office, where Bella is sitting on the table and carlisle is standing in front of her removing the glass from her arm.

"Its not your fault" I hear carlisle tell Bella when i walk in. I go over and sit beside Bella and sigh. "Jasper hasn't been away from human blood as long as the rest of us." Carlisle says focusing on Bella's arm. "How do you do it?" I ask leaning forward a little. He smiles before saying "Years and years of practice"

"Did you ever think of just doing it the easier way?" Bella asks flinching from the pain a little. "No. I knew who i wanted to be. I always wanted to help people. It brings me happiness, even if i'm damned about this." Carlisle says causing me to look over at him confused. "Damned? Like hell?" Carlisle nods answering Bella. I shake my head and say "Carlisle you can't be damned. You couldn't, its impossible." He smiles at me. "Thank you Becca and you to Bella. You always have been very....gracious about us."

"So that's why he wont change me. He thinks he'd be damning me." Bella says after a minute of silence. I look over at her shocked. She wants to be a vampire? "Imagine the situation in reverse. If you believed as Edward does..Would you take away his soul?" Carlisle questions her before backing away.