Chapter 39

"Okay so we need flour, eggs and sugar." I say looking up from my phone and grab the items from the pantry. Its been a couple hours since we've arrived to Emily's and I've gotten...better. Of course I'm still sad but Seth and Emily have definitely brought my spirits up a lot. We've baked a couple of items so far and Emily has been preparing lots of side dishes. Apparently Sam is gonna grill everything else tonight at the bonfire. With all this food we could literally feed tons of people. They definitely don't play when it comes to this things. Seth walks over with the items that i couldn't find and we beginning to add everything together. I definitely wasn't paying close enough attention because when i turn on the mixer flour goes everywhere. We scream while trying to turn the mixer off. Emily comes to our rescue, getting messy as while, and unplugs the mixer. I look around at the counter before i slowly look over at Seth and that when i lose it. We were a mess.

So there we are laughing uncontrollable when the door opens. We all look over when we hear it slam. Standing there at the entrance was Sam, Paul and all of the gang.

"What on earth is going on here?" Sam asks confused. Emily, Seth and i make eye contact with each other before we start laughing again. Sam shakes he's head with a smile before walking to the living room. I turn my head to look at Paul, who seems to be checking over me when suddenly we make eye contact, he seems to be smiling ever so softly. I stop laughing and bite my lip. Are we okay? I smile at him slightly in hopes that he would smile back, but he didn't. His face went dark and he looked away before walking behind Sam I sigh before dusting my hands off of the flour and grab a rag to wipe my face while slowing walking over to sit down at the table. I really did it. I really made the one guy i really like, hate me.

"You okay?" Emily asks walking over to me and bending down in front of me, placing her hands on my knees.

"No. I think I'm just gonna go home. I don't think i can handle this." I say playing with my hands. Emily grabs my hands and squeezes them slightly.

"No, you have to be there. I promise you that you are gonna have the best time. We all want you to be there, even Paul." Emily states before standing back up and pulls me up with her to back to the counter. I sigh and lean against it before running my hands over my face. I shake my head before placing my hands back down and turn to back to the mixer. I clean up the area before starting the mixer again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours and hours of cupcakes and muffins and other baked goods later. We finally have everything done and ready to go. I am currently in the bathroom changing into some clothes Emily let me borrow. After brushing my hair for the 30th time i finally decide that its probably best if i walk out. I sigh before fixing my shirt and open the door. Emily is walking through the front door to grab the final thing for the car. Seth left a little while ago to help set up at the bonfire. She smiles at me while grabbing a container of cupcakes.

"You look beautiful, as always." She says leaning on the counter. I smile before walking over to her to help her grab some things.

"You are gorgeous em." I say while carrying the containers out to the car behind her. We place them down in the backseat before going over a mental checklist. Her face lights up and she runs back inside before running back out carrying two main things we needed. Hotdog and hamburger buns. I giggle and shake my head before taking them from her and place them in the back. We both get into the car and buckle up before we are on our way. I shift and look out the window, playing with the ends of my hair.

"Calm down love. Things are going to be fine. You're going to have so much fun!" Emily says jumping in her sit with excitement. I smile while looking towards her. I'm not so sure about that. How much fun am i truly gonna have if he is ignoring me the whole time. Maybe i can finally get some time to actually talk to him, maybe explain what happened this morning. He's already ignored all of my texts this afternoon, which i should have expected. If i had 2 minutes with him i could clear everything up and then maybe tonight will actually be fun. That is if he doesn't avoid me. I could always corner him, seeing as we are going to be in the middle of the woods that probably wont work out for me.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when i feel the car stop. I look up to see we are already here. I bite my lip and look around, i see him, shirtless of course, is he trying to kill me? Does he even own a shirt, i doubt it. I get out of the car after i noticed Emily was gone and begin to help her grab things. I hear here call over the guys to help and feel my hands shake. I turn around carrying a pretty heavy load and almost stumble. I feel hands under mine, to help steady me. I stop and try to get my balance, when i feel the hands suddenly go away and grab the containers from my hands. There standing in my  view is, containers, they turn around and walk over to the tables. I smile slightly after they turn around, and i quickly turn back to the car. It was Paul.

"Just pile on whatever." I hear his voice say to me as I'm knee deep into the car. I jump up in surprise almost hitting my head. I quickly grab some more food and place it into his waiting arms. Not wanting to push it, i say thank you in a light voice to which he nods, and as he turns i manage to see him with a small smile. I smile before grabbing the buns and run behind him over to the table. I help him unload his arms and place things onto the tables. I see him stand there out of the corner of my eye, before he runs his hand through his hair and turns around. I turn to him and open my mouth to say something but no words manage to come out.