Chapter 9

"Are you sure you still wanna go today?" I ask Bella the next morning while fixing myself some breakfast. Today we were going on a field trip. "Yeah. Ill be fine." Bella says while playing with her cereal. I finish my breakfast and then we head to school. The good thing about the trip is that it will take all day, meaning no school. The sad thing is, no art class. But that's okay, ill probably draw on the way there anyway.

"Make sure i get your permission slips." Mr. Molina says while standing by the buses. I grab bella's slip and walk over to him and hand him both of ours. " Becca!" I hear Alice exclaim from behind me. I quickly turn around and smile when i see her, jasper. Edward is slowly trailing behind them. I run over and hug her and also jasper. " Are you gonna ride with us" Alice says gripping my hand. I sigh before shaking my head. "I would love to but i'm gonna stick with Bella, i'm sorry." I say picking at my fingers. "Its okay. Is she okay?" Alice asks. "Yea , i think so. She doesn't really tell me much so who knows." I say before looking back over at Bella who seemed to be talking to mike. Mr. Molina tells us its time to go and to get on the bus. I say goodbye to them before meeting Bella. I lock my arms with her and we walk to the bus. We get on and get all situated before i pull out my headphones and begin to listen to some music.
************************************************************************************
When we finally get there, Mr. Molina and the tour guide lead us through the greenhouse. I've locked arms with Bella and we watch as Mr. Molina demonstrates the compost.

"Now Tyler, take a big steaming cup of "compost tea". This is recycling at its most basic level - Hey don't drink that!" Mr. Molina says before running of behind Tyler. "Hey, I'm gonna go over uh." Bella says before pointing over at Edward, who was looking over at us. I smile and nod before walking around.

I look ahead and see Alice and jasper. I smile and run to catch up to them. "Hey guys, Mind if i walk with you?" I say leaning between them. Alice looks over at jasper, who smiles and nods. Alice locks arms with me and grabs jasper's hand and we are off.
*************************************************************************************

We walk outside and head towards the buses. Alice suddenly grabs mine and jasper's arm before pulling us, over to Edward and Bella. " The bus is leaving soon" She says to Edward before turning to Bella and says " Hi! Will you be riding with us?" Bella goes to speak before she is cut off by Edward " No. Our bus is full." He says before walking past us. I wave to Alice and jasper before walking over to Bella. "You okay?" She nods and we walk to the bus.

After we get back to school, we head over to our trunk and go home. Bella, who i noticed is very angry, walks into the house and throws her bag and coat by the door. She turns around and goes to head upstairs. Dad comes out from the kitchen and calls out toward Bella." Your Mother called. Again" He say while rubbing his neck. "Your fault, for telling her about the accident." She says turning around. Dad looks down and says " She always did know how to worry. But shes changed, too. She seems happy. Phil sounds all right." Poor dad. "He is" Bella says before turning around and continues upstairs. I walk over and hug dad tightly.He hugs me back and kisses the top of my head.
*************************************************************************************

The rest of yesterday was spent with dad. We did everything we use to do. Watch baseball, Eat a bunch of junk food, talk about anything and everything, and so many other things. By the end of the night, we both were passed out on the coach. It was so fun.

Today is going good so far. Right now Bella and i are walking into the cafeteria. I wave towards Alice who smiles and waves back before following behind Bella to our lunch table. Eric, Jessica, Mike and Angela are sitting around talking. I sit between Angela and Jessica and pull out my lunch. Yes today i decided to pack my lunch today, which includes of carrot sticks, a salad, some pretzels and apple juice. I munch on my carrots and listen to the group.

"La Push, Baby. You guys in?" Eric says looking back and forth from Bella and i. "Should we know what that means?" I say answering what Bella and i were thinking. " La Push beach, down on the Quileute rez. We're all going after school. A big swell is coming in." Mike says while gazing up at Bella. Aww mike must have a crush on Bella. That's cute. " And i don't just surf the internet." Eric says while standing up and mimicking a ride on a surfboard. I giggle watching him. "Eric, you stood up once. On a foam board." Jessica says while lightly pushing him. " There's whale watching too. Come with us, please." Angela says gripping our hands. " La Push, Babies" Eric says while doing some weird movements near me.

" Okay We will go if you stop saying that." Bella says before walking away from us. I giggle at Eric before turning to Angela, who was looking at something behind me. I turn around to see what she was looking at and was not surprised to see it was Bella and Edward. I knew from the moment at the hospital that something was going on with them. I turn around to see everybody at my table looking at them. Poor mike and Jessica looked so jealous.

"Whats up with them?" Angela whispers to me. I shrug and look down.I look over at the cullen table to see them looking not so happy towards Bella and Edward. I sigh before quietly finishing my lunch. Bella eventually comes back over and eats. We all begin to talk about going to the beach after school. I quickly send a text to dad to let him know and then pack up the leftovers of lunch and head to my next class.
*****************************************************************************************

"Sooo shall we hang out after school?" Alice says while we stand next to my locker. We both finished are assignment early and were told we could leave early. So now we have just been standing around waiting. "I wish i could but i'm going to la push beach with Bella and a bunch of other people. Do you maybe wanna come with?" I say to her with a smile. She smiles and looks over at me." I wish i could but i have a couple things i need to do at home." I nod and say " That's to bad, I was really hoping you would come."

Eventually the bell rings signaling the end of class. Kids begin to pool out of classrooms. I lock arms with Alice and we both head outside. I hug her tightly before saying goodbye and heading to my car. I lean against the side of the car and wait for Bella, who comes out like 5 minutes later. She unlocks the car and we both get in. " How was your day?" I say while looking out the window. "It was good. How was yours?" She says while pulling out of school and heads to the beach. We were gonna ride with everybody but decided against it.

"It was good. So how is everything with you and Edward?" I say turning over to her. " She blushes and shrugs " I don't know, hes just confusing. Like he saves me one day and ignores me the next. Becca i swear there is something different about the cullens, you know that right?" I look down. I know what she means. I mean i have noticed some things weird. Like the fact that they are all extremely cold and extremely pale , or that they never seemed to eat and that they are incredibly strong. There just little things but its just seems weird. I was a going to talk to Alice about it one day but chickened out because i thought i was acting stupid. "I know" I say to Bella after a while and look out the window. Why do things have to be so complicated some times.