Chapter 15

The next day was okay. School was kinda long, the only good part was art because i got to do my favorite thing with one of my best friends, so that was fun.

After school Dad decided we should eat at the diner for dinner. Bella parks the car and we both get out and walk to the entrance. Mike and his basketball friends are hanging out by the door. "Yo, Arizona 1 and 2!" Mike says when we pass by. I wave before heading inside. Bella however stays out there to talk. I find dad and go sit next to him.

"Hey Daddo" I say while taking off my jacket. "Hey sweetie, How was school?" I smile before saying. "It was fine, you know the usual. How was work?" He nods and says "It was okay" Poor thing, I know hes been stressed out with everything gonna on. "Sorry I'm late." Bella says while sliding into the booth. Right as she gets comfortable, Cora come over and places a steak in front of dad, a plate of seafood in front of Bella and some chicken strips in front of me. I smile and say thank you before grabbing the ketchup and put some on my plate. "I ordered you a seafood combo and i know you like chicken so" Dad says to us. "You should order one for yourself next time. Cut back on the steak" Bella says looking at him."I'm healthy as a horse." Dad says while cutting into his steak.

"Chief, boys want to know, did you find anything down by queets river today?" Cora asks concerned. Dad thinks for a minute before saying " The suspect's moving east. Kitsap County Sheriff is taking over from here. They're putting extra guys on." Cora nods before saying "Hope they catch him fast." She moves off, with a little relief. I pass the salt to dad and look over at bella when i see movement behind her. I place my hand over mouth and giggle. Dad looks over at me before coughing "I uh think your friends are flagging you" Bella turns around and sees mike and the other guys horsing around outside, making faces towards her. She smiles before turning back around.

"Its okay if you wanna join them. I'm just gonna turn in early anyways." Dad says to us while eating his food. "Yea, me, too." I nod at what Bella said before saying "Plus i have a bunch of studying i need to catch up on" Dad looks between the both of us before saying " Its a Friday night. Go out. The newton boys got a big smile for you bells. Nice family, the newtons."

"Hes just a friend" She says looking down at her food. "None of the boys in town interest you?" Dad says trying not to sound awkward. "Were not really going to talk about boys, are we?" Bella says making me giggle. I use to talk about boys a the time to dad, i mean he is a great listener. "Just.. You should be around people other then your sister. I leave you guys alone too much." Dad say looking down sad. "We never minded being alone. Guess we are a lot like our dad in that way" I say for the both of us, making dad smile. Cora returns a little while later with a berry cobbler and three forks. She sets it down in the middle of us before leaving. We all reach out and grab a fork before digging in.

****************************************************************************************************

On the way home from the diner, I call Alice to see if she wants to have a sleepover this weekend, to which she replies excitedly with a big yes. I ask if she would pick me up before turning to look at dad " Can i stay at Alice's this weekend?" I ask with big eyes. He smiles before saying of course. When we get home i pack my bag with a couple necessitates,
I hug dad and Bella before running down stairs. I promise Bella that i would call mom later and head out the door. Alice's car is waiting at the end of the drive way when i get outside. I lock the door before running over. "Heyyy" I say while leaning over and hugging her. "I'm so excited you are staying over. Esme has been asking for days if you were coming over, apparently she has a couple new recipes she wants to try out." Alice says while driving down the road. "Well i cant wait." I say while leaning my head back

******************************************************************

"Becca!" I hear an esme yell excitedly once i walk through the door. I drop my things and run up the stairs. The whole Cullen family, minus Edward, was sitting in the living room, watching tv. Well some of them were, jasper was reading and Emmett was on his phone. Esme stands up and i run over and hug her. In the time that i known them, esme has become like a second mom to me. "Are you hungry? I can go cook you something if you want?" Esme asks me while walking to the kitchen. I smile at the others before following behind her. She brings out some cookbook and flips to a random page. Alice comes in and sits beside me. I offer to help esme but she says she has it handled.

She ends up cooking some chicken with the most amazing potatoes I've ever had. I quickly clean up the dishes when she goes to carlisle. After cleaning up, i head upstairs and change into my pjs. I open the door to leave the bathroom and jump when i see Alice on the bed. "I didn't mean to scare you. Are you okay?" She says looking guilty. I run over and jump on the bed next to her. "I'm fine, i just didn't except you to be there." She smiles before we being to talk about a bunch of different things, eventually somewhere in between prom talk i accidentally fall asleep.
**************************************************************

"Becca, Becca, Becca, Becca. Get upppp!" I hear Alice's voice shout the next morning. I turn over and pull the cover over my head."Uh, no, no. None of that. You need to get up. Becca come onnnn, we're going to go play baseball today." After shes that i quickly sit up excited. I love baseball and i haven't played in forever. She giggles and run over to her closet. I sigh and roll out of bed. I head into the bathroom and do my business before leaving. When i get out of the bathroom, Alice is standing by the bed, holding some clothes. I quickly take them and change. She picked out a pair of skinny jeans and a baseball shirt. I pair my converse with it and head downstairs. Everyone is standing around getting ready.

"Sorry if i kept you guys waiting." I say while running over to them. "Its okay. Are you ready?" Esme says smiling at me. I nod, we all leave the living room, head into the garage and get in the car. Carlisle drives for a little while before we arrive to an enormous field with a rough baseball diamond shape set into it. We all get out and walk over. Esme told me on the way here that Edward and Bella were coming so we all just do different things while we wait. Alice starts stretching and Emmett runs around, while jasper flips the baseball bat a little.

After a while Bella and Edward finally show up. I walk over to them with Emmett and esme. "Good thing you and becca are here, We need some umpires." Esme says while placing her arm over Bella's shoulder. Emmett smile big before saying " She thinks we cheat" I giggle and say "Oh, i bet you do." Esme nods and says " Call them as you see them girls." I look over to see Alice on the pitchers mound. I give Bella an excited smile before walking over to stand by rose. Oh this is gonna be fun.