Chapter 42

Was i upset that Bella dragged me out of bed to go to the Cullen's house. Yes, somewhat. Was i excited to see the fam again. Even more of a yes. I slam the car door and walk up to the front door with a slight pep in my step.

"Police are baffled by the escalating murder and disappearances. Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer. Reporting live, Dawn Chubai, CNN." I hear the tv echo from the living room right when we walk in the door. I take the steps two by two and watch it as i approach the others. I smile at Emmett as i pass and land on jasper, who already had his arms ready. I've learned by now that whenever there was a more serious conversation happening at the Cullen house to always stay close to jasper. Even without his powers, he just keeps me calm.

"Its getting worse. We're going to have to do something." Carlisle states looking to Edward. I look at Edward confused. What did we miss?

"It takes more then one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting. Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous." Jasper says sitting up bringing me with him. I lean forward and place my chin on my hand.

"Newborns." Edward says quietly. Everyone looks up shocked, even Carlisle, whom never seems shocked

"Wait, like new vampires?" Bella asks shocked. No like literal babies, i think while rolling my eyes.

"In their first few months after the change." Edwards tells us. I look over confused. Who's making a bunch of newborns? And why?

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst." Jasper tells us all, and looks out the window. I sit up straighter and play with my fingers growing slightly more anxious by the second.

"Something to look forward to." Emmett says almost making me stifle a laugh, he always can make jokes, even in the worst moments.

"Someone is creating an army." Carlisle say standing up and walking over to the window.

"Oh, now we're definitely are going to Seattle." Emmett says also jumping up. I shake my head and mess with my hair. 

"Great, so an army of vamps, who have obviously been created to fight. And we have zero clue who created them, or why. Yay" I say with fake enthusiasm

"We're the only clan even close to Seattle." Edward says to us, or to the vamps because obviously i couldn't fight a bloodthirsty vampire.

"Regardless, of who they are, if we don't put a stop to them, the volturi will. I'm surprised they've let it go this long." Carlisle says looking back to all of us. Yeah, because the volturi seem to care so much. I never got the delight of meeting them like Bella did but from what I've heard, they aren't anything to cheer about.

"Maybe they're behind it. In Italy, i read Aro's mind. He wanted me and Alice to join him. Our gifts would shore up his power but he know we'd never choose him as long as our family is still alive. An army could solve that for him." Edward says sounding both angry and sad. 

"Why spend time creating an army though? If they are so powerful why not do it themselves?" I ask looking up to Carlisle. They definitely don't seem like the type to hide behind an army.

"We can't wait two weeks for graduation. You need to change me now, i me-" 

"Bella?!" I interrupt her shocked. Because how could she even bring it up right now. Regardless on if she gets turned or not, this is definitely not the time or place. They already are dealing with a lot, her becoming a vampire isn't just going to fix everything. I shake my head at her before looking down.

"You'd be a liability as a newborn. Unable to control your instincts. An easy target." Jasper states to her and places his arm around my shoulder. I sigh and bite my lip. This was definitely not the time to start an argument with her so i sit quietly and wait.

"There's also your father to consider. And your mother, as well as your sister. How terrible would it be for them if you suddenly had to disappeared." Carlisle says to her while placing his hand on her shoulder. She looks down and sighs.

I sigh as well before jumping up and walking upstairs, just needing somewhere to lay down and think. I walk into Alice and jasper's room and lay on their bed. I mean obviously i knew she wanted to become a vampire and be with Edward forever but i guess i never really thought she would try hard so soon. Is she not thinking about Charlie? And i definitely wouldn't be able to come around till she could control herself? I wish she would just live her life, experience the good of being human.

************************************************************

I stayed at the Cullen house for a while, needing some hang out time with Rose and Alice. I got to help Alice with her graduation party some more, which i was very thankful for, just needing at outlet away from the whole newborn vamp situation, which i needed someway to tell Paul about. Alice and rose think i shouldn't tell him but i don't know if i like that idea so much but i agreed that we should wait till we had more information to tell him so here i am, avoiding him, for a little bit. Trying on many outfits that Alice picked out for me.

"Are you going to invite him to the party?" Alice asks playing with my hair. I sigh before shrugging.

"I wanted to ask you if it was okay first?" She gasps in shock looking at me in the mirror.

"Of course its okay. He important to you after all, i wouldn't have expected anything less." She says with a big smile while brushing my hair. I smile in thanks to her before asking the other important person in the room. Rose's opinion means a lot to me, i mean i know she wont fully like him, because of the wolf thing but still part of me is hopeful.

"Would you be okay with it? Rose?" I ask turning around to look at her. She looks up at me in surprise. Like she thought i wouldn't even think about including her. But i know how she feels about the wolves, and she's important to me so obviously i want her to be comfortable too.

"oh um" She says looking at Alice wide eyed before turning back to look at me and sighs. "Of course its fine but I'm not promising ill talk to them." She says with a stone face. I jump up with a shout and clap over to her. I wrap my arms around her neck and tackle her into a hug. She giggles and hugs me back.

"Okay okay. Its not that big of a deal." She says while trying to push me off of her. I smile wide as i pull away and sit up straight. 

"I cant wait for you to formally meet him. I promise he will be on his best behavior. Well at least i hope he will be." I say while reaching out to grab Alice's hand and Rose's. "You guys are important to me and i just want everything to be okay." Alice smiles wide to me, before pulling me up an towards the makeup chair again. 

"Now come on, we need to figure out your hair." Alice begins again on my hair again and i cant help but smile. Even with everything going on, i cant help but be thankful for all of the people in my life. I honestly don't know where i would be without them.