Chapter 27

The next morning Bella wakes me up and tells me about her dream. Which apparently was about whatever Jake was supposed to tell us. "Jake's a wolf?" I say in disbelief after she finished telling me about her dream. "The Quileutes are descendants from wolves. That's what he told us, right? What could it be other then that?" Bella asks sitting next to me. I do remember him telling us this, its just, it cant be real, right? I mean yeah the cullens did turn out to be vampires but wolves, really? Bella finally decides that we should just go talk to him to confirm what she was thinking.

We arrive at Jake's house a little while later. We get out of the car and head over to the house. Bella knocks a couple times and steps back. "Bella. Becca. What are you doing here?" Billy says once he opens the door. I smile and wave. Bella nods before sayings "We need to see him." Billy sighs and says "Hes not in" I nod before backing up. Bella however had other ideas. "I'm sorry, I really need to see him." Bella says while sliding past billy and goes inside the house. "Bella!" I exclaim following in after her. She goes over to his room and opens the door to reveal him sleeping. "Bella, lets just go." I whisper to her while grabbing her arm. She looks out the window at something before shaking her head and walking outside. I look to want she was looking at and see Sam and the other guys. My eyes go wide and i turn around and run after her.

I run outside to see her in front of them. "What did you do!" She yells in Sam's face. I get over to her and see her push Sam back. "What did you do!" She yells even louder. "Hey! Easy!" Sam yells and sends Jared, who was close to grabbing Bella, a look.I also send him a glare before looking around. I look over to see the show off guy from the cliff, Paul i assume, getting angrier by the minute. "He didn't want this!" Bella says shaking her head. "What did we do? What did he do? What did he tell you?" Paul asks while breathing heavily and walks closer to us. "Both of you calm down, now!" Sam yells pushing Paul back a little. "Nothing. He tells me nothing, because hes scared of you." She says causing them all to laugh. Bella obviously didn't like that to much because next thing i know she steps forward and slaps Paul in the face. My mouth opens in shock. Is she crazy!? That seemed to make Paul angrier. "Oo too late now" Jared says with a slight grin on his face. "Girls get back. Now!" Sam says giving me a look. I grab her arm and pull her back as hard as i can. Paul starts to growl making my eyes go wide. Dude is pissed off. "Paul calm down now!" Sam yells pushing him back.

Paul leans forward and all of a sudden he somehow explodes into sliver-grayish fur, becoming a beautiful massive wolf. He crouched down and looked ready to attack. I back up and grab Bella's hand and run back to Jake's house."Bella! Becca!" Jake yells coming out of his house and jumps over the fence."Run!" She yells letting go of my hand and running ahead of me. Gee, thanks bells. Love you to. "Jake run!" She yells again to Jake who is still running towards us. I tackle Bella into the ground when Jake jump over us and explodes into a russet brown wolf and charges towards Paul. I lay there shocked as i watch them fight. Their teeth attacking each others throats. They somehow end up rolling into the woods still fighting. "Take them back to Emily's place." Sam yells before running into the woods after them.

"Guess the wolfs out of the bag." Jared says walking over to us. I sit there not moving still looking at the woods. Half expecting them to come back or something. Embry comes over and helps me up and leads me to Bella's truck. I sit in a middle of Bella and Embry, Embry being the one driving and Jared is sitting in the back. What even is our life anymore? Vampires and wolves. This is all so crazy. Once we arrive to "Emily's" house. Jared and Embry let out a noise before heading over to the house. I get out on Embry's side seeing as Bella wasn't moving. "Hey, i think we should go back and see if Jacob's okay." Bella says still in the car. "I hope Paul gets some teeth in him.Serve him right." Jared says making Bella look over at him shocked. "No way. Jake's a natural. You see him phase on the fly? I gotta fiver saying Paul doesn't touch him." Embry says causing Jared to say "Easy money. Paul's been at it longer." I shake my head at the both of them before walking over to the steps of the house. "Come on in Bella. We wont bite." Embry says making me roll my eyes. "Speak for yourself." Jared says. I look over and glare at him. "Oh hey, about Emily, Sam's fiance. Don't stare, it bugs him." Embry says stopping me from walking in the house. I turn around and look at Bella, who gives me a questioning look. I shrug before following them into the house.

"You guys hungry? Like i have to ask.." I hear a woman's voice say when i walk in. I look over and see a woman putting a plate full of muffins on to the table in front of Jared and Embry. "Who's this?" She asks turning to look over at me and Bella. She had a scar on her face that ran from her hairline to her chin. Three red lines that pulled down her eye and twisted her mouth. She was beautiful, gorgeous in fact. I smile before sticking out my hand. "I'm Becca and this is my sister Bella." She smiles and shakes my hand. "So you're the vampire girls." She says sending a smile to Bella who says "So you're the wolf girl." Emily laughs and says "Guess so. Well, i'm engaged to one." I giggle before walking over to sit down at the table. She leans forward and slaps Jared's hand. "Save some for your brothers and the ladies first. Muffin?" She asks looking from Bella to me. I nod and reach out to grab one. Blueberry. Yum.

"Leave it to Jake to find a way around Sam's gag order." Emily says leaning on the counter behind her. "He didn't say anything to us or well he couldn't." Bella answers looking at me. "Its a wolf thing. Alpha orders get obeyed weather we want to or not. And check it out, we can hear each others thoughts." Embry says grinning. "Will you just shut up?These are trade secrets. Damn it! These chicks run with vampires." Jared says shoving Embry. "You cant really run with vampires because they're fast." I say making Emily giggle. Jared rolls his eyes before saying "Yeah well we're faster. Freaked out yet?"

"You're not the first monsters we've met." Bella says making me lean back and reach over to grab her hand. "Jake's right. You guys are good with weird." Sam says walking into the house. He smiles at us before walking past us over to Emily. He kisses Emily's scarred face adoringly. I smile at the sight of them. I want that one day. I look over to see Jake and Paul walking up the steps, pushing each other around. Jake stops at the door and leans against it, while Paul walks in and seats down next to me. "Sorry" He says while smirking at Bella and me. I roll my eyes, is that all he knows how to do, smirk. I wish i could just slap that stupid smirk off of his perfect face.