Chapter 26

"Jake. Bella told me you have mono. She also said that your dad wont let us visit you. We really miss you Jake. Bella really misses you. Just call us back, when you get a chance. Please." I hang up and put my phone on the table before sitting back on the couch. We haven't heard from Jake since that night at the moves. Bella has gone back into the hole she had when Edward left. Shes sad all the time and i don't know what is gonna help now.

"Harry and i will be back by three... are you okay bells?" Dad asks after he walks into the kitchen. She nods and look back down at her food. "Look, i don't have to go fishing today." He says sitting down beside her. "Yes you do." Bella tells him making me nod. "Just be careful." I say giving him and harry a hug. "Always am" Dad says standing up. "Those bears wont get the drop on me girls. My Kung foo is to strong." Harry says making me giggle. I sit down beside Bella and eat my cereal.

"We should go visit Jake." Bella blurts out all of a sudden. "I doubt billy would let us see him." I say looking up to her. She shakes her head before standing up. "I wanna see him." She says before grabbing her keys and running out the door. I sigh before jumping up and following after her. I run to the car, being careful not to slip. It was raining really hard and it was also freezing outside. Perfect.

We pull up to Jake's house to see him outside in the rain, shirtless. Is he crazy? We jump out of the car and run over to him. "Jake!" Bella yells making him stop. He turns around and glares at us. "You cut your hair? and got a tattoo?" I question when we get over to him. "I thought you were to sick to come outside. Or pick up the phone when i call." Bella says sounding like she was gonna cry. "Go away." Jake says to us making me frown. He turns and goes to walk away when Bella runs over and grabs his arm. "What happened to you? Hey, What wrong? Did Sam get to you? Is that whats happening?" She asks me making him look down. "Sams trying to help me. Don't blame him. If you want somebody to blame, how about those bloodsuckers you love? The cullens" Jake says making me look up at him shocked. Does he know about the cullens? What has Sam been telling him?

"We don't know what you are talking about?" I say before Jake interrupts me. "You know exactly what i'm talking about. You guys have been lying to everyone. But you can't lie to me, not anymore." He says glaring down at me before walking away. "Come on! Jacob!" I hear a voice yell behind Jake. I look over to see Sam, Embry and the others standing by the woods. I glare at them before looking back at Jake. "Look Bella, Becca. We cant be friends anymore." Jake says causing Bella to shake her head. "Jake, i know that i have been hurting you. Its killing me. It kills me but if you give me some time i.." "Don't!" Yells interrupting Bella. "Its not you, its"

"Its not you, its me right? Really?" Bella says in disbelief. "Its true. It is me. I'm not good anymore.It doesn't even matter, alright? This is over." Jake says to us. "No, you cant break up with me. I mean you're my best friend. You promised me." Bella says shaking. Why is he doing this? Why now? "I know. I promised i wouldn't hurt you and this is me keeping that promise. Go home and don't come back." Jake says before running to Sam, leaving us standing in the rain. I watch as they all run into the woods. I walk over to Bella, grab her arm softly and pull her back to the car. I drive us home and help her into the house. She heads upstairs and goes into her room. I sigh and lean back to lay down on the couch. What is wrong with Jacob? Why did he have to do this to us? To Bella?

**************************************************************

"Dad, I saw them!" Bella yells running into the kitchen. Ever since the other day, Bella's been distant. She never came out of her room yesterday and Immediately after she got up this morning she left the house and told me she was going on a walk. I tried to talk to her, to at least make sure she was alright but she was quick to change the subject.

"Saw what? Whats the matter?" Dad asks looking over at her. "In the woods. They not bears, they're wolves!" Bella says leaving me shocked. Wolves? I look over to see harry looking normal. Why doesn't he seem fazed by this news? "Bella, what the hell were you doing in the woods?" Dad says standing up. "Are you sure you saw wolves Bella?" Harry asks while standing up as well. Bella nods and say "Yeah, they were huge and i think they were after something" Dad nods before looking back at harry. "You feel like hunting?" He asks him making me feel uneasy. Do they actually believe that wolves are real? They quickly plan on setting up a hunting party to go out looking for the "Wolves". I give Bella a confused look before sighing. Really wolves, what's next Fairies?

*****************************************************************

That night after i did some laundry, i head upstairs and walk over to my room, when all of a sudden i here a banging noise come from Bella's room. I quickly grab the closest thing to me, which turn out to be an umbrella, and walk over to her door. I breathe in before slamming the door open.

I look in and am shocked to see Jacob standing in front of Bella. Shirtless? "Jake? What are you doing here?How did you get in here?" I ask looking over at Bella confused. His face break out into a small smile and he runs over to me and pulls me into a hug. He pulls away and walks to the window. I sit on the bed and look over at him as he paces around the room. "Have you ever had a secret you couldn't tell anyone? One that wasn't yours to share." We nod and he looks over at us before continuing, "Well that's what its like for me. Or worse. You have no idea how tight i'm bounded. I hate this. I mean the killer part is you guys already know." He says looking over at us and our confused faces. "Do you guys remember when we walked on the beach in la push? The story i told you guys?" He says looking desperate. I think back to that day. That was the day he told us about the cullens. "The story about the cold ones?" I ask questioningly. "Of course that's the only part you remember." Jake says making me shrug.

"Maybe we should just get out of here for a while. Just you and me." Bella suggests to him making me feel awkward. Should i just leave? "Its not something i can just run away from Bella. But i would run away with you, if i could." Jake says sadly looking at Bella's wall. "I gotta go. They start wondering where i am" Jake says walking to the window. He looks back and pulls Bella into a hug and says "Please. Try to remember. It would be so much easier if you guys knew." He says pulling out of the hug and heads to the window. I run over as he jumps out and lean over the window to see him running into the woods. I look over at Bella confused. What just happened? What is Jacob trying to tell us?