Chapter 12

"I think i'm warm enough now" Bella says before she reaches over to the heater dial the same time Edward does. Their hands touch and hold of a moment. "Your hand, its freezing cold." Edward pulls his hand away quickly. I look over at him confused and go to say something before my attention is pulled away by flashing police lights outside of the forks police station.

"Dads still here. Something must be wrong." I say before telling Edward to pull in. I jump out the moment he parks and wait for Bella. "That's my fathers car. Whats he doing here?" Edward says once he gets over to us. We all walk over to the entrance just as Dr.Cullen walks out. "Carlisle. What happened?" Edward says quietly. Dr. Cullen sighs before saying " Waylon Forge was found in the woods out near his place.I just examined the body." I gasp and put my hand over my mouth. What? How? We literally just saw him the other day. Bella grabs my hand that's by my side and says "He died? How?"

"Animal attack" Dr.Cullen says while putting his hand in his pockets. "Was it the one that killed the security guard down in mason?" Bella asks while squeezing my hand. Dr.Cullen and Edward share a look before he says " Most likely" I bite my lip in attempt to stop tears from falling. "So its getting closer to town" Bella says looking at Edward. "Waylon lived all the way down on queets river. 75 miles south." He says reassuring her "Buts that's -" Bella begins before Dr. Cullen cuts her off and says " You two should go inside. Waylon was your fathers friend." We nod and head for the door. I look back at them quickly to see them whispering to each other. They know something more to this.

We walk in and head over to charlie. I go over and stand beside him. "Dad, we're sorry about waylon" He looks up at us and says "Known him going on thirty years" I put my hand on his shoulder to comfort him. He reaches his hand up and squeezes my hand. "We'll get to the bottom of this girls. But in the meantime i want you guys to have this." He leans down and opens a drawer and pulls out two canisters of pepper spray. "That's probably not a good idea-" Bella starts before dad says "It'll give me some peace of mind." I look over at Bella and nod my head.He needs this, so i grab both of them and hand one over to her. As dad stands up to put his coat on Bella goes to step outside.

Dad puts his arm over my shoulder and we both walk outside. I grab bella's hand and we walk over to dads car. Its pretty quiet the whole ride home but its not a bad quiet. I make us some dinner once we get home and we hang out some before we go to bed.

********************************************************************************************

I couldn't sleep so instead i do what i do best, draw. Halfway through my drawing of a tree, i hear some shifting noises coming from down the hall, Bella's room. I quickly get up and walk over to her room. I knock on the door and peak my head in to see Bella sitting on the edge of her bed looking through the book she got "Quileute Folk Stories And Art". I walk over and sit beside her. "You okay?" I ask her while looking at the book as well. She nods and says "I heard a noise and it woke me up so i just" I nod knowing exactly what she was saying.

Bella gets up and walks over to her computer and types in "cold one" I lean down beside her and watch as she goes through different sites, photos, and other things. She finally finds a site "The Cold One: Apotamkin". There were several pictures of the seductive apotamin with this ice blue skin. In the picture it seemed like he was biting people? Blood everywhere and people being murder. She scrolls down to some paragraphs explaining things but the only words i make out are "Speed". "Strength". "Cold Skinned". "Immortal". "Blood Drinker"

I quickly stand up and begin to pace around the room. Bella whispers something to herself before turning towards me. "That's all fake...Right?" I ask looking over at her. "I mean there's no way.. that. the cullens. could be" I stop myself and shake my head in disbelief. I ended up sleeping in Bella's room that night.I was confused, angry, scared and kinda amazed, all at the same time.

************************************************************************************************

The next day Bella told me she was gonna confront Edward about it but i was way to confused to mention anything to Alice, rose or anyone in the Cullen family. I could tell Alice knew something was up because i ignored her for most of the day. Bella pretty much skipped school but yet i still hoped she would be at lunch. Jessica and Angela asked me where Bella was to which i proceeded to say she wasn't feeling good today. I pretty sure they knew i was lying seeing as Edward also wasn't here but they let it slide.

I knew art was gonna be awkward which is why i almost skipped but why should i skip something i love because what i was scared of my friend? Was i scared? To be honest i don't know.I don't feel scared. I walk into class to see Alice sitting at our usual desk smiling wide. I breathe in and out before walking over.

"Good Morning!" She says when i sit down. I smile back and say "Morning" I mean there is really no reason for me to be rude. She is my best friend after all. "So how was shopping yesterday?" I pull out my sketchbook before saying " It went fine, i would this gorgeous dress. It was this baby blue color and oh my gosh Alice you would have loved it." She smiles before saying " So you bought it, right?" I look down and play with my pencil. "Uh well no" I say while looking up at her. I still haven't asked her if she was going yet. "and why not?" She says while glaring at me. I sigh and give her a look. "I wouldn't have anywhere to wear it."

"Um. Hello, the dance" She whispers to me after the teacher walks in. "Aren't you going?" She says after a minute. "Are you?" I ask looking over at her. She doesn't say anything. So i guess that's a no. The rest of class was quiet.

*************************************************************************************************

"Of course i would go with you, why didn't you just ask me earlier? You know i would never say no to you!" Alice says while we lean against my locker. "I don't know, i guess i just thought you and jasper were going together or you weren't going at all. I just didn't know." I say playing with my fingers. "Well even if i was going with jasper, i wouldn't have said no. Jasper wouldn't care if you went with us. You know he loves you." She says while grabbing my hand. I smile and squeeze her hand. We talk for a little longer before jasper joins us. We also make plans for me to come over to there house the day of the dance, so we all could get ready together.

Alice offers to drive me home so i text Bella to let her know. We walk out to her car and i greet rose and Emmett. We stand around for a little before leaving. I thank Alice for driving me and head inside. Dad is not home yet so i just head upstairs. After a couple hours of just doing homework, Dad and Bella finally get home. I head into the kitchen to start dinner.

"So its true." Bella says to me while leaning on the fridge. I look over at her confused before my eyes go wide. So they really are vampires. "And are you okay?" I say while washing my hands. "Yeah. I'm good. Are you?" She asks looking at me. I nod my head. I thought about it a lot when i was alone. I mean i stayed over at there house and they never once tried to hurt me. So obviously they are safe to be around. I did kinda wonder how Carlisle was a doctor. I mean his around blood everyday. How does he even handle that? But anyway i decided that since I loved them before i found out, i'm still gonna love them after. They have done nothing wrong in my book.