Chapter 23

"Dear Alice, Its been a couple months since you and the others left. Bella's a mess, She cant sleep without having a nightmare and she hardly ever leaves the house. I'm so worried about her. Me? I just try to put it all behind me. I never talk about you and anything to do with the cullens. That's what best, right? Its just.....hard. I'm supposed to sit here and pretend everything is alright but ....its not. I just...I just wish you guys would have told me. I would have understood, i would have been sad but still. I got nothing. Nothing at all. But the best thing to do is just move on and try to be happy....I miss you Alice. I miss all of you."

***********************************************************

I run downstairs and grab a water from the fridge before heading outside. I run over to dad and hug him before getting in the trunk. Dad comes over to the car and stops Bella from closing her door. "Alright, that's it." He says to her causing her to look up annoyed. "What?" She asks confused. Dad sighs before saying "You're going to Jacksonville to live with your mother." We both look over at him shocked.

"What? Why?" Bella says making dad sigh before saying " I just don't know what to do. This isn't normal behavior and quite frankly, its scaring the hell outta me and Becca. I don't want you to leave but you should. Make some new friends."

"I like my old friends, in fact i'm going shopping tomorrow....with Jessica." Bella says making me look over at her confused. Shopping? With Jessica? "But you hate shopping" Dad says suspiciously. "I just, you know need a girls night and plus Becca is coming so it should be fun." Wait, what? I didn't plan on being involved in this. Dad looks over at me checking to see if this was true. I give him an unsure nod and say "Girls night. Shopping, Yay!" I say faking enthusiasm. He nods before saying "Okay, well have have fun." She nods before getting into the car. We wave goodbye to dad and head to school.
**********************************************************

"I was able to skip out on girls night, thankfully. I don't know if i could have handled that. I mean its not like i hate Jessica or anything, its just we have different opinions and lately shes been pretty nice to me. Shopping wouldn't be the same without you. So i just decided to stay home and finish up on homework. Alice...where did you guys go? Why did you guys go? I assume its because of what happened at the party. Is jasper doing okay? I hope he knows its not his fault. I just.. i hope you guys are okay. Don't worry about me, please. I'm okay, i promise.......well i'm getting there."

***********************************************************

Bella woke me up the next morning and asked me if i wanted to go to Jacob's which i sat up so quickly and said yes. I haven't seen Jacob since forever, well okay we hung out last week, but still. I get dressed quickly and run downstairs. We run out the door and head into the truck. There was a tarp covering something in the back. I look at it confused before looking at Bella who shrugs at me.

We pull up to Jacob's house a little while later. I look over to see Jacob running out of the house. I jump out of the car and tackle him into a hug. He lets go of me and hugs Bella before stepping back, "Where have you been crazy?" He says to Bella. Every time i hang out with him, he always ask about her. I swear he is obsessed with her. She smile lightly before saying " I brought you something and its a little crazy."

"Okayyy" He says looking at the tarp confused. She pulls back the tarp to reveal two dilapidated, rusted motorcycles. "Scrap metal. Oh you shouldn't have." Jacob says leaning over to look at them closer. "I saved them from the junkyard. I think, they'll probably cost more to fix then they're worth. But then i thought that if i had a mechanic type friend to help me out" Bella says giving him a hopeful glance. "Me, being the mechanic type friend? Since when are you into motorcycles." Jake says to her while looking over at me. I shrug and look at her confused. "Since now. I get it if you guys think this is really stupid and reckless." Bella says causing me to nod and say "Oh yeah its totally crazy" Jake nods as well. "So when do we start" He says making me giggle. Bella smiles and says "Now" He nods before walking over to the side of the car and lifting up one of the motorcycles. We head to the garage and get to work.

*********************************************************

"Everyday since then Bella and i keep going over to Jake's house to work on the motorcycles, its honestly so much fun. It keeps my mind distracted. You probably think its crazy but ill take anything over sitting in my room and pretending that i'm okay. Being around Jake makes me feel better and hes also making Bella feel better, which i happy for. She needs this. She hasn't had a nightmare since we started hanging out with him.Things are starting to get better. Things are good now and i'm actually happy. I hope you guys are too. I hope everything is okay. Sometimes i wish i could pick up the phone and call you, and sometimes i'm glad i cant. I step back and remember that this is probably what's best. Not only for me but also for Bella."

I close my laptop and lean back. I thought writing to Alice would make me feel better but it felt like all it was doing was hurting me worse. I look over at my sketchbook that was laying on my desk and sigh. Even drawing doesn't feel the same anymore. I sigh before standing up and head to bed. Sleep is just what i need right now.