Chapter 10

I stand next to Bella and Angela, who is busy taking some photos of the ocean, which is beautiful by the way. I look over to see mike, Tyler and Jessica suiting up to surf. They totally crazy because its absolutely freezing outside. I mean of course surfing sounds fun but id rather not get a cold.

"I keep thinking Eric's going to ask me to prom, then he just.....doesn't." Angela says interrupting my thoughts. I look over at her and smile. Eric and her would be so cute together. "You could ask him." I say to her. If you want something you should just go for it. and when did it become a rule that guys had to ask girls out. "Yeah Take control. You're a strong independent woman." Bella says after me. See even Bella gets it. " I am?" Angela say questionably. " Hell yeah!" I say while putting my arm around her shoulder.

"Becca! Bella!" I hear a voice yell behind us. I turn around to see three boys approaching us and among them is Jacob. I smile and run over to him and hug him tightly. Gosh i really need to come visit him more. I miss hanging out with him so much. " Guys, this is Jacob." I say to the group. "Are you stalking us?" Bella says to him and a slight smile on her face."Your on my rez, remember? You guys surfing?" Jake says to us. "Definitely not" Bella says before looking over me. I smile at her before looking over at Jake. " You should keep her company. Her date bailed." Jessica says all of a sudden. I roll my eyes and look back out at the ocean.

"What date?" Eric asks Bella. " She invited Edward." Jessica says answering for Bella. She was just trying to be nice. Bella looks down with her cheeks red and whispers " I was trying to be polite." Angela must have noticed she was embarrassed so she said " I think its nice she invited him. No one ever does."

"Because cullens a freak" Mike says after Angela finished speaking. I glare over at him. I mean Edward and i don't have the best friendship, heck we probably don't even have a friendship but i love the cullens. The Cullen's are anything but freaks. " You got that right." One of Jake's friends says to us. I roll my eyes and play with my fingers. What do they have against them?

"You know them?" Bella asks while looking at the guy who replies sharply with " The cullens don't come here." Jake shoots him a look and shakes his head. I raise my eyebrows at Bella who gives me a look. So we both saw it, hmm. " Hey Jake, wanna go look at the tide pools?" Bella asks while coming over to us. I send him a smile and he nods. We turn around and walk toward the water together. We all look out to the ocean for whales and also at the surfers.

"So what did your friend mean about 'The cullens don't come here'" Bella asks looking over at him. "Oh. You guys caught that , huh? Well i'm not really supposed to say anything." Jake says looking down. "We can keep a secret" I say answering for both Bella and i. Which is true. Bella and i take secrets very seriously. Jake laughs before saying " Its just an old scary story. Did you guys know that the quileutes are supposedly descended from wolves?" I look over at him and nod. I remember this story. During a couple summers, Jake and his dad invited me to these bonfires, they use to tell stories there. "Like fur, fangs....dog breath?" Jake and i laugh after Bella says that. " So the legend about the cullens is..." Bella says trying to get Jake to continue. "Well, they're supposedly descended from this like..'enemy clan'....But they claimed to be different, so we made a treaty with them." Jake says with putting his hands in his pockets.

Bella looks over confused " Didn't they just move here?" Jake nods before saying " Or just moved back." I look over at Bella " Right. So what was this treaty?" I ask while crossing my arms. "If they promised to stay off Quileute lands, we wouldn't expose what they really were to the pale faces."

"AAHHH" Bella jumps when some girl screams. I look back to our group before turning back to Bella. Jacob laughs and turns around and starts walking back to the group. "Wait....what were they really?" Bella says stopping in front of Jake. Jake laughs before saying " Its just a story Bella" Bella gives an annoyed look before turning around. It honesty didn't seem just a story and Bella and i know this. We all walk back to the group and watch them surf. Eventually they finish and we say our goodbyes. The whole way home, i could tell that the story Jake told us was annoying Bella like it was me. What did it mean? Later that night Bella told me about this book she found at a book store near by. I told her that we would figure out a day to go get it.
*******************************************************************************************************************
The next day at school it was very sunny outside, so at lunch we all sat outside. Jessica was sat on top of the table trying to get a "tan" and Bella and i were reading, well i was. Bella however was looking for Edward. " Hes not here." Jess says all of a sudden before continuing "Whenever the weathers nice, the cullens disappear." Bella looks up at her before saying "What so they just... ditch?" Jessica shakes her head and says " No, Dr and Mrs. Cullen yank them out for hiking and camping and stuff. I tried that idea out on my parents. Not even close." Camping and hiking. hmm sounds fun. I need to talk to Alice about that. Maybe next time i could go with.

"I'm going to the prom with Eric!" Angela says running over to us and sits down. "I just asked him. I took control!" She says before hugging Bella, then me. "Are you guys sure you have to go out of town?" She says look sad. "Its a family thing" Bella says while shrugging. Okay so maybe we didn't have to go out of town, and maybe it wasn't a family thing. We just didn't really want to go to the dance. We as in Bella, so i just to deiced not to go and instead hang out with dad and Bella.

"Oh my god, we need to hit the stores in Port Angeles before all the good dresses get cleaned out." Jessica says looking over at us. "Port Angeles? Mind if i go with you guys?" Bella says. Bella wants to go dress shopping, something must be wrong. " Uh yeah, we need your opinions. Both of yours." Angela says looking at both of us. I smile and nod. I guess it wouldn't hurt if i maybe try some dresses on as well. We decide to go after school. We are gonna take Jessica's car, and shes gonna pick us up at our house. The bells go off and we all get up and head to class. The whole rest of school, i keep thinking about the dance. Maybe it would be fun to go. I wonder if Alice and rose are going?