Chapter 31

"Dad?" I call out as i walk into the house. I throw my bag down next to the door and walk into the living room.

"Hey becs. How was the beach?" He questions from the couch. I smile and walk over to sit down next to him. "It was fine. We played soccer. You know, lots of fun. Have you heard from Bella?" I ask while playing with my hair. He shakes his head before wrapping his arm around me. I lean against him and pull out my phone. 

Zero messages from Bella. 

Ever since they left, I've gotten maybe one message from her and it was to tell me that they landed safely in Italy, that was 2 days ago. I sigh before messaging Paul back to tell him i did in fact make it home safely and then put my phone away. 

"Okay well i'm going to go shower and then ill start some dinner." I tell dad while standing up. 

"Nah your probably tired, why don't we just order pizza or something." He asks as i grab my bag. I nod and hand him the house phone so he can order it and run upstairs. I throw my bag beside the door as i walk in my room and grab some sweatpants and a random shirt before heading to the bathroom. 

*******************************************************************************************************
I finally manage to sleep at 3am after tossing and turning all night when the ringing of my phone wakes me up. I turn over and blindly look over,

'4:35 am' the clock read

I groan and grab my phone off  the nightstand next to my bed.

'Bellaboo' Its says when my eyes finally adjust. I spring up and quickly answer it.

"Hello!Bella" I say half whispering half shouting. "yea, hey its me." She says sounding tried. I sigh before replying "Thank god. We were getting worried over here. What happened? Everything okay?"

"Yeah. We're good..."She pauses for a moment before continuing "Its honestly a long story but we are about to get on the plane. We should be there by tomorrow so ill fill you in then." She says. I smile before nodding, then i realize she can't see me so i quickly reply "Okay well be careful and try to get some rest on the flight okay. I love you bells."

"I love you too."I smile and hang up before placing my phone back on the nightstand. I lay down and turn over to hopefully fall back asleep. 

***************************************************************************************************************

"Are you sure you don't want me to come pick y'all up? I seriously don't mind." I say to Bella through the phone the next morning as i walk down the stairs. Dad is at work so i'm spending the day home, doing laundry...'yay' she says sarcastically.

"No i think Alice is going to drive so i think  we should be fine, but thank you. How's charlie?" Bella asks nervously. I smile before replying "He is fine, definitely mad but i think he's mainly upset and worried. Don't worry he'll be fine" I hear her sigh over the phone and say "Bells this is the second time you left and this time it was out of the blue and you didn't tell him anything. Like what were you expecting him to be all happy? No, he's upset and disappointed but he'll be happy your back and safe."

"I know, i know. Look i gotta go, I'll see you guys later. Love you." And then she hung up... bold. I glare down at my phone before sighing, i place my phone down on the table beside me before heading to the kitchen.

**********************************************************************************************************************

"No i'm serious, it was the brightest red you could think of. Hey, no don't laugh, i mean i thought it would be fine." I tell Paul over the phone while giggling. Right now i'm folding laundry and talking to my newly close friend, Paul. I'm telling him about the many silly things i did as a child, currently about the time i decided to cut and and dye my own hair when i was 10. Mom went through a weird phase where she wanted to be a red head but never went through with it, and being the curious 10 year old that i was, i went through her stuff and found it and decided to um change my look???? Lets just say mom wasn't very happy.

"and was it fine?" Paul questions.

"Well mom wasn't one to ground us so she decided that since i decided to do that to my hair that it should stay. So picture me but little with bright red, uneven shoulder length hair. It was so embarrassing. I cried for days and then when mom finally suggested to help fix it, well that's when i began to love it. My hair was red up until i was 13 when i decided i wanted my regular hair color back. Trust me though red definitely wasn't my color, i mean..." I stop when i hear the noise of a bag falling to the ground and a door closing. I look up to see Bella. "Uh Paul imma have to call you back. Bye."

I hang up and drop my phone before running over to her. I tackle her into a hug, smiling. She giggles and hugs me back. We spent the rest of the night talking, mainly her telling me what happened and about the volturi and all that...well i mean after she had a chat with dad. We ended up talking till almost 2 when i decided that Bella needed some rest. So after making sure she had everything she needed, i close her door and head to my room. I quickly change and get into bed. Last thing i remember is me grabbing a book. I however don't remember ever opening it.