Chapter 22

Edward took Bella home after Carlisle cleaned her up. I decided to stayed back to help clean up. Alice and the others were still out so i just started to clean up by myself. I walk into the living room, grab the cake and take it into the kitchen, and place it into the fridge. I blow out every candle before heading over to the wall Bella slammed into. I bend down and carefully pick up some pieces of the glass. I wipe the floor with bleach, making sure there is no trace of blood left anywhere and hand the bag over to Carlisle who said he would get rid of it. I clean up whatever else i could before heading upstairs to Alice's room to take a shower.

I change into some of Alice's pj's that she had for me before jumping into bed. I tossed and turned all night, it was way to quiet. I hoped that tonight was all a dream and i would wake up the next morning happy and everything would be normal again. But something told me that i was very wrong.
**********************************************************

I wake the next morning feeling sick. I felt as if everything that happened was my fault. I shouldn't have suggested throwing the party. I knew Bella didn't want it but i did it anyway. I slowing get out of bed and quickly get dressed for school. It was still quiet when i got downstairs. I sigh before heading into the kitchen. Esme and Carlisle are standing there whispering to each other but stop when i walk in. "Morning" I say leaning against the counter. They both give me small smiles. "Carlisle is going to drive you to school once you finish these." Esme says while placing a plate of pancakes in front of me. I smile before digging in. There was some small talk while i ate. I wanted to ask where the others were but was afraid too.

Esme hugs me tightly once i finish. I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach but decided against saying anything. The whole ride to school just felt awkward. Like there was something Carlisle wanted to tell me but didn't. Carlisle hugs me when we get to school. I hug him tight not really wanting to let him go. He smiles pulling away from me. I walk into school and sigh.This is going to be a long day.
***************************************************************

Classes so far were a bore. As i figured the Alice and the others didn't show up. Nothing felt right anymore. At lunch i sat with Bella and our friends. Bella just seemed distracted the whole time, Obviously just as worried and confused as me. Art definitely wasn't the same. I sat alone in the back, drawing a bird. Something Alice would have loved.

Once we got home Bella went straight up to her room. Great so now Bella is distant. I sit at the table and send a text message to Alice. Thirty minutes later still nothing. A little bit later Bella comes running down the stairs and out the door. I run to the window to see Edward. I watch as they both walk into the woods. I bite my lip before sitting on the couch. Somethings definitely wrong.
******************************************************************

I must have fallen asleep because a couple hours later, dad is waking me up looking worried. "Whats wrong?" I say sitting up confused. "Wheres Bella? I called her but her phone goes straight to voicemail." Dad says causing my eyes to go wide. Did she not come back after talking to Edward? "I don't know. She ran outside after we got home from school. I thought she would have been back by now." I say grabbing my phone. Still no message from Alice, I find Bella's name and try to call her. Straight to voicemail.

A little while later half of the town is gathered outside, including Jacob and billy black. I called Jessica, Angela, Mike and anyone else she was friends with to see if they had heard from her, ever answer was no. Dad is standing over a map with billy and harry. "I'll call the cullens again. Becca said she went on a walk with Edward." Dad says grabbing his phone. "Charlie, The cullens left town." Billy says causing me to look up at him shocked. They left? "Where did they go?" I ask billy. Why didn't they tell me they were leaving?Did Bella know? Billy shrugs before looking at dad and i look down sad. Why is this happening?

"Becca! Charlie!" I hear Jacob scream, i look over to see a guy, walking out of the woods carrying Bella. Dad and i run over. Dad grabs Bella from the guys arms and holds her in his arms. "Thank you Sam" The guy, Sam, nods at dad before looking down at me. I smile slightly before turning around and following dad inside.

Dad carries Bella upstairs into her room and wraps her up in a blanket. I place my hand on dads shoulder before saying "I'll stay with her." He smiles at me before looking back at Bella. I go over to my room and change into my pj's before heading back to Bella's room. Dad is leaning against the door watching her. I hug him tight before heading over and laying down next to Bella. Bella snuggles up to me, i wrap my arms around her and smile.

Edward must have told her they were leaving when they went to talk in the woods. I knew i should have followed them. I should have been there for her. Why would Edward just leave her out there. The least you could do was make sure she got home safely. Jerk.