Chapter 40

"Do you want another hot dog?" I hear Emily ask as i am breathing out and place my hand onto my over stuffed belly. I look over at her with wide eyes, causing Sam to laugh loudly. Emily giggles and takes my plate from my lap and rubs my shoulder as she passes. I close my eyes and place my arm over my eyes. Okay, remind me to never let Emily make my plate, i mean come on she insisted but obviously i wasn't expecting her to fill it up with tons of food. The guys said i could not even finish half of it, and i'm never one to back away from a challenge, so of course i ate it all. Which of course I'm regretting it now. The guys however seemed to be doing fine, some of them actually seem to be going for more.

"Jake!" I hear Seth exclaim next to me before i feel him run past my legs and bolts away. I turn my head slightly only to see Jake coming down with my dear sister next to him. I smile before standing up and stretch. I pat Billy on the shoulder as i walk over to Bella.

"Its about time , you got here. Paul's been hoovering the grub. But, i saved you some burgers." Seth says with pride. I smile before throwing my arm over his shoulder and smile to them.

"Good looking out. Bella this is Seth Clearwater, Leah's brother. Newest member of the pack." Jake says smiling at me before looking back over at Bella.

Seth stands up taller and crosses his arms before saying "Newest, bestest, brightest." I giggle and shove him slightly

"And slowest" Jake says before he grabs Seth into a headlock. They go at it while i walk over and pull Bella into a hug.

"Are you okay?" I hear her whisper into my ear. I shrug before pulling back right as i hear someone whistle from behind us. Seth and Jake jump up.

"Come on. Your dads about to start." Seth says to Jake before grabbing my hand and pulls me behind him. I shake my head before following behind him. He pulls me quickly and i watch as we pass right by where i was originally sitting and straight over to Paul. My eyes go wide and i try to stop him and pull my hand back. But of course he is slightly stronger then me and he pulls me foreword and shoves me softly over to Paul. I gasp as i go and close my eyes, expecting to hit the ground, but luckily i feel two hands grab on to me and pull me to them. I sigh in happiness but keep my eyes closed tightly.

I feel his breath on me first. Then i feel his warm hands. I almost never want to open my eyes because i know the moment i do, we will go back to how we were before. I hear Billy begin to talk as i feel Paul push my hair out of my face, i bite my lip before opening my eyes slowly. His brown eyes stare back at me, they look warm, happy. I smile slightly at him before standing up, his arms let go of me, and i sadly go sit down next to him. I place my hands into my lap, pulling the sleeves down to cover my hands, which is hard because all i want to do right now is grab his hand.

"One day our warriors came across a creature. It looked like man, but it was hard as stone and cold like ice." I look across the fire to Bella. "Our warriors sharp teeth, finally tore it apart. But only fire would completely destroy it." Billy says pausing to look around at everyone. Before continuing. "They lived in fear, the cold man was not alone. And they were right."

I feel a hand grab my own and pull it toward them. I look down and over in shock, he actually was holding my hand right now. I look up from our hands to his face, he was looking foreword fully into everything Billy was saying, but he was smiling. I smile before looking back to the fire and scoot ever so slightly, closer to him. I want to pull him aside now, to finally explain everything, but feeling like that would be extremely rude, i shake my head slightly and put all my attention over to Billy.

"The third wife's sacrifice distracted the cold women, long enough for Taha Aki to destroy her. Her courage had saved the tribe. Over time, our enemies have disappeared. But one remains.. The cold ones." Bella and i make eye contact from across the fire. I send her a small smile as Billy continues " Our magic awakens when they are near. And we sense it now, we feel the threat in our blood. Something is coming. We must all be ready." Billy says look over all of the pack but looks over to me and then as he says "All of us." and i feel Paul squeeze my hand tightly.

************************************************************************************

After a whole bunch of sitting around and some stories later, i make my way over to the table and help Emily clean up. I help her carry stuff to her car as the boys clean up around the fire.

"Are you sure you don't want me to give you a ride home?" Emily says turning back to face me after she closes her door. I smile and nod. "Some walking will do me some good. Give me some time to think." I say and rub my arms. My original plan on getting home was to go with Bella and Jake but of course they already left, and i didn't want to have Emily drive me all the way home so i just suggested walking.

"I don't like the idea of you walking home. That's a long walk from here." She says crossing her arms.

"Yeah i don't like that idea either." I hear a deep voice say from behind me. Paul. I sigh and shake my head.

"Guys ill be fine." I say as i turn slightly facing both of them now and lean against the car.

"Yeah, well it wasn't really a choice. I'm driving you home." Paul says turning around and walking away. I stand there mouth agape. Who does he even think he is. Emily giggles and pulls me into a hug.

"This will give yall some time to talk." I nod and pull back. She smiles before shoving me softly over in the directions of Paul, who is now leaning against his car, waiting for me. I walk slowly over, after saying my goodbyes to everyone. I glare over at him before walking around to the passenger side. He beats me to it and opens up my door, I look down with a smile and thank him while jumping in. I watch as he closes the door and runs around to the other side, jumping in as well.