60 Team Rocket Takedown, Act I

A dozen agents surrounded us in the blink of an eye. Unlike the guards and agents stationed around the city, these women and men wore matching Team Rocket uniforms. Each held one, two, or sometimes even three Poké Balls.

"Ready to save all those Pokémon and take these guys down, Luxray?"

Luxray bristled his fur and released sparks of blue electricity.

"Stand down, intruder!" called the nearest agent. "You're outnumbered!"

"Am I?! Go!" I tossed up the four Poké Balls containing my wonderful set of sentient magnets. "Everyone use Thunder Wave!" Luxray, Magnemite, and Magneton disabled all agents before they could release their Pokémon.

"Arghh..." growled the agent who tried to confront me. Now on the floor in the fetal position, red hair collapsed in disheveled patterns around her face. She struggled to rip a walkie-talkie from her belt.

"No, no." I moved the device away from her hand and crushed it. "Sorry. I can't have you contact anyone. Now, on another note, you're hoarding a bunch of Pokémon here, right? Where are they? This building's too big to search each floor one by one, though. I really don't want to do that if I don't have to."

She stuck her head up and spat, "Go to hell."

"Already been there."

I threw out two more Poké Balls. Gengar put everyone to sleep with Hypnosis. Butterfree gathered them all together and glued them against the walls with String Shot. She put together a beautiful web despite possessing only two arms.

"Wow, I thought only spiders could create webs like that," I said as Butterfree landed on my head. Gengar also looked impressed. As he hovered at my side, I mustered up the courage to give him a high-five. "Nice work, you two."

Next, I examined the only two ways to the upper floors: a stairwell, and an elevator.

"I don't want anyone to use that. Magneton!"

Magneton zipped across the room and slammed its side into the elevator buttons. The panel began smoking instantly. Several explosions could be heard from inside the elevator shaft as well.

I used the nearest computer to check the elevator's status, disable the security system, and obtain a floor plan of the building.

"Perfect. It's good and fried, and now the cameras are off, and the alarm is out." My ears thanked me for turning it off. "Let's move to the second floor right away." I took a second to recall Rhyhorn, thanking him for busting down the entrance. "You all need to stay with me. We'll disable anyone else we encounter along the way. Got it?"

My Pokémon all agreed.

We shoved open the door into the stairwell and hurried to the second level.

Once there, I led everyone to my main objective for this floor: the server room.

"I need to find where all of Silph's files are stored. Sensitive data, confidential info, pending patents, anything. That stuff's nothing but the motherload as far as sinister organizations are concerned. I'm going to make certain that Team Rocket can't access any of it any longer."

When we neared the server room, Luxray used his x-ray vision to look around the corner. Two armed guards and a pair of Arbok stood sentry. A card reader had been placed next to the server room door, meaning it required a special pass to get inside.

One that I lacked.

Of course, I needed to eliminate all guards first before searching for the key. I came up with an idea and summoned Zubat. "Haze up the hall, please," I whispered while telling the others to cover their faces.