13 Beauty and the Beach Part 1

"Blue skies, white sands, and that means..." I stepped onto the sand, wearing nothing but my swimsuit, with my bag slung over my shoulder, "...time to hit the waves and soak up some rays!"

Wasting no time at all, Pikachu grabbed an inner tube and jumped into the water with Wartortle.

Pidgeotto, Zubat, and Butterfree helped me set out a beach blanket. "There's no need to rush, you guys! We have three days before the next ferry back to the mainland. Plenty of time for splashing in the water!" I hollered as I set up an umbrella. Then, I dismissed all my flying Pokémon to do whatever they wanted.

Charmander found a bucket and shovel in my bag and held them out to me. I let out a giggle. "You're probably not planning on swimming, huh? I figured. Go ahead. Make me the best sandcastle ever!" She gave me a big smile before scampering off.

A fluffy head suddenly nudged the back of my leg. Luxio stood behind me, his brush in his mouth. I couldn't resist his sweet face. "I know you won't be jumping in the water anytime soon either. Okay, come here."

Luxio sat patiently while I brushed him top to bottom. "It's important for you to be groomed everyday, especially now that you've evolved. Your fur is much longer and thicker than a Shinx. Man, just wait until you become a Luxray!" He gave me a look, wondering if the idea excites me or not. "What are you talking about? Of course, I want you to evolve! I don't care if I have to spend a little longer brushing you everyday. It's totally worth it.

"And besides, it'll always be more of a pain to brush my hair." We both laughed.

After we finished up his grooming appointment, Luxio licked my face to express his gratitude. "Ha ha, of course!" He then sprawled out in the sun and dozed off. Pidgeotto decided to join him, while Zubat and Butterfree flew off to find decorations for Charmander's castle.

I stepped over to the water's edge. Pikachu happily paddled about, with the inner tube circling her small body. Sometimes, she twirled her tail like a propeller, hoping to go faster. "You have to spin it super fast if you want that to happen," I laughed.

Wartortle suddenly popped up beside my electric Pokémon, gleefully spraying a fountain of water into the air. "How's the water? It's still a little cold for me," I admitted, standing knee-deep so far.

Of course, Pikachu repeated what I yelled at them earlier. "That's right. With the time we're going to spend here, I'll definitely get used to the water."

When we had arrived in civilization earlier that day, we had looked for a way off the island before anything. At a tourist information center, I discovered the name of the city: Porta Vista. I found out that the giant Pokémon we encountered belonged to an amusement park, Pokémon Land, on the same island.

That left me a little irritated. "Who on earth built that place, and why?" I grumbled down to my Pokémon after learning the truth.

This city split into two districts: Acapulco and Hutber Port. Acapulco is an extremely popular tourist destination all over the world, complete with beaches, restaurants, hotels, and resorts. Hutber Port contained the majority of the residential and business neighborhoods, in addition to more hotels and resorts. People can find ferries to and from the mainland in Hutber Port. Bingo!

Unfortunately, the ferry only gets to Porta Vista every three days. From the mainland, it has to stop at two other islands before reaching this one. Naturally, I always had impeccable timing. "The ferry won't arrive for three days," said a lady working the ferry ticket counter. "I'm afraid it just left this morning."

I sighed in frustration. Of course, without any other way to get off the island, apart from getting my own boat, I admitted defeat. "Am I still able to purchase a ticket for the next ferry?"