34 The Poisonous Ninja Master

With a flap of her beautiful wings, Butterfree rose to challenge Venomoth. Colorful sparkles came off her body after emerging from the Poké Ball, inciting looks of awe from everyone present.

"My, what a beautiful specimen of Butterfree."

"Thank you. Much appreciated." I felt confident with Butterfree's wide variety of attacks at her disposal and selected one suitable for fighting a Venomoth. "Butterfree use Gust!" She whipped up a gust of wind with a few flaps of her wings.

"Deflect it with Silver Wind!" Venomoth's wings glowed white, and upon flapping them, a wind with silver crescents in it was released, shooting right at Butterfree's Gust. The two attacks rivaled each other in power and canceled out. "Now, Psybeam!"

"You use Psybeam, too!"

The energies collided, creating a cloud of smoke.

"Zen Headbutt!" Charging through the smoke with its head covered by a light-blue reflective shield, Venomoth slammed its head straight into Butterfree to send her crashing into the floor.

"Butterfree, are you alright?" She nodded her head and rose into the air. "Let's go ahead and raise your defense a little with Harden."

"It's a waste of time. Venomoth use Toxic!" Venomoth fired a stream of purple liquid.

Upon coming into contact, purple bubbles emanated from Butterfree's face. She cried out in pain as the poison quickly got to work, draining her health. "You've got to hang in there, Butterfree!"

Not this again!

"Now, you're battling against me and the clock—my signature strategy. Let's see how well you fare against it. Venomoth use Zen Headbutt, again!"

I grit my teeth. "We won't let him win! Stay strong, and let's use Bug Buzz!" Butterfree cried loudly to create an annoying buzzing sound and release red sound waves from her body that spread out towards her opponent.

"Gust!" The two attacks collided.

"Again! Bug Buzz!" Despite the poison taking its toll, Butterfree repeated her attack with just as much strength.

"Silver Wind!" Venomoth fought back once again. However, this time, Venomoth started to show signs of fatigue, which allowed bits of our Bug Buzz to get through and score a hit. This concerned its Trainer. "Venomoth, are you alright?!"

"It's starting to affect him! Gust, Butterfree!" She quickly attacked.

"Silver Wind!" So did Venomoth, but Gust bulldozed through its Silver Wind.

"It's getting through! We can do this! Just hang on a little longer!" Despite hurting from the pain of Toxic, she strived to remain strong.

"Venomoth use Supersonic!" Venomoth began screeching, hoping to confuse us.

"Bug Buzz!" Butterfree's Bug Buzz outmatched Supersonic and scored a clean hit.

"Shake it off and use Zen Headbutt!" Venomoth took a moment to concentrate, packed as much power into its head as possible, and charged.

"Meet them halfway with Aerial Ace!" She somersaulted before charging as well.

They met in the middle, immense power colliding with immense power. Neither bug refused to give an inch. I needed to provide Butterfree with the chance to overpower Venomoth and defeat it before Toxic took her out.

"Psybeam from right there!" Butterfree attacked at point-blank range. The combined energy from her attack and Venomoth's Zen Headbutt resulted in a chain reaction ending with another massive explosion.