t w o

June 15

m e r e d i t h

You know, I expected after two weeks Jack and I would start to get along.

I was wrong. In fact things seemed to get worse, if I'm being completely honest. He hates me. Which, I don't blame him. I'm just a stuck up rich girl to him.

Unlike Cam, who took the time to get to know me. Knows I'm not a stuck up rich girl. Jack never calls me by my actual name. He calls me princess. It drives me nuts.

But today I'm determined to not let anything he says get to me.

Today there's a huge birthday party, for my neighbour. Vanessa. She was also a member at the country club, so we used to hang out when no one else was around. Though she's two years younger than me, I didn't really mind her. But then something changed and she was just a straight up bitch, yo.

Now she's the definition of spoiled rich girl. She has bleach blonde hair and wears PINK like it's part of her religion. And I'm not talking about the colour. I'm talking about the store PINK. Every item of clothing she wears is from that store and you can get everything from there. I own like two items in total from that store. I'm more of a thrift shop kinda girl. Which is frowned upon from my dad. He thinks I should buy new clothes rather than used.

She's turning sixteen, and everyone must be on top of everything and if one little thing goes wrong. You're probably gonna get fired. Or demoted to a worse job, like poolside waiters. Now that friggin sucks. Because you get yelled at if you don't bring the costumer their drink or whatever in the slotted amount of time. It's a nightmare. Just like this party will be.

If Vanessa doesn't get what she wants, immediately. She'll flip shit on you. But guess who gets to be her personal servers this evening?

Me, and Jack. I begged so many people to switch with me, but on account of me being me. They refused.

"Okay princess, we have to work together on this one. So let's try and get along shall we?" Jack said fixing his tie. All the employees working the party must wear pink ties. I think it's just weird.

"You're the one who hates me, so youshould be the one who should be trying the hardest here Gilinsky." I said rolling my eyes.

"Ugh, fine. So er, what's your favourite colour?" He smirked.

"Nice try, but try harder. In the meantime, let's go make sure every table setting is perfect, because the guest of honour should be here any minuteeeeee." I dragged out the last syllable of minute.

I dragged him out to the dining room, which was decorated just for Vanessa. There was a huge banner that said "Happy Birthday, Kitten."

"Kitten? Oh dear lord." I heard Jack say under his breath. I chuckled a little.

"She's anything but," I said fixing some of the plates. "Wait till you see her." As soon as the words left my mouth she came busting in the door.

"The princess is here!" She yelled as her little squad walked behind her.

"Oh my." I said under my breath. She was wearing a fucking tiara. Plus a very expensive looking dress. You're turning sixteen, calm down now. When I turned sixteen I sat in my room and watched Netflix.

I tried to make sure she couldn't see me for now.

Yeah, that didn't work.

"OMG!" Yes, she just said omg out loud. "Is that Meredith Skye?" She started walking over to me.

I panicked and hid behind Jack, oh good one Mer.

"Oh, forget her. Who is this handsome guy?" Oh she just makes me wanna strangle myself.