t h i r t y - e i g h t

m e r e d i t h

"Good news Meredith! Your mom has been thrown in jail on several counts of fraud. Turns out you're not the first person she's fucked over." Addie announced as she entered the apartment.

"Good, that's were she belongs. I hope she rots in there. But do I get any of that money back?" I asked setting my phone down.

"Yes, you should have all the money in your back account as of now." She said sitting next to me.

Suddenly someone knocked on the door, I was too lazy to get up so Addie went to answer it.

"Uh, Meredith. You might want to come here." Addie said looking back at me.

"Who is it?" I sighed, not wanting to get up.

"Get over here. Now." She demanded. I rolled my eyes before getting up and going to the door.

And what I saw was definitely worth getting off the couch.

"It's Tara's twins." I breathed looking down at the two tiny humans sitting in a stroller.

"Well, bring them in." Addie said pushing the stroller inside.

"Now what?" She said as I looked at the two of them.

"I have no idea. Why are they even here?" I scratched the back of my neck.

"Oh wait, there's a piece of paper on the back." Addie said handing me the paper, which basically said that these twins are my responsibility now and I'm their legal guardian.

"Addie, this isn't good." I said handing her the paper. As she read it over her eyes went wide.

"Obviously. You're nineteen and have a full time job you literally have no time to take care of twins that are barely a year old." I nodded.

"Wait, my Aunt Lori lives a few blocks away. I'm gonna go talk to her about this, because it's not like I have anyone else who gives a shit about me to care." I said getting up and pushing the stroller out the door.

And just my luck Jack came out of his apartment.

"Mer, whose kids are these?" Jack asked me raising an eyebrow.

"Definitely not mine. But uh they're Tara's and now they're mine. That sentence just crumbled upon itself didn't it?  Right twins, yeah they're mine now and I don't really know what to do about it...."

I basically started rambling on about whatever came into my head for about the next five minutes.

"Meredith!" Jack shouted, snapping me out of my haze.

"Right, I'm going to my aunts house to talk to her about this. You can come if you want." I sighed.

"Sure." He smiled.

As we walked down the street we earned a few looks, considering two teenagers were pushing around twins might look a little weird unless you knew the situation.

"So, let me get this straight, you answered your door and they were just sitting there?" Jack asked confusion laced in his voice.

"Yep." I nodded.

A few minutes later we arrived at my aunt's house, we all walked up to the door and I rang the doorbell.

My aunt opened the door and almost screamed when she saw me, and the twins.

She looked at Jack and then she looked at me. Assuming they were mine.

"No. No and no. These are not my twins. I'm gonna tell you that right now. Thats what I came here to talk about. So can we come in?" I asked nervously.

"Of course darling, come on it." She said opening the door wider so I could push the stroller inside.

We went into the living room and Jack and I both took the twins out of the stroller, he took Owen and I took Alexandra. Who I'm gonna call Alex.

"Hi babygirl." I cooed at her as I sat on the couch. She smiled at me and I swear my heart melted.

"So, Meredith. Whose twins are these and why do you have them?" My aunt raised an eyebrow.

"Well, technically these are my step siblings. Dad's new wife Tara had them, and all of a sudden they were on my doorstep with papers saying I'm their new legal guardian. So I came to you for advice, what the hell do I do?" I asked in desperation.

"I'm gonna tell you right now to keep them." She said firmly.

"But Aunt Lori, I have a fulltime job and so does Jack. Plus I have no room in my apartment for these two." I sighed.

"Well, I have no idea why your father would leave them for you. Actually hold that thought, I'll give him a call right now and ask. Because I know this isn't something you need to be going through at your age." She said getting up and going into the kitchen, typing something in her phone.

"Jack, what do we do? I'm so scared. I'm nineteen, not twenty nine." I sighed out of frustration.

"Whatever you decide to do, you're not doing it alone. I'll be with you through the whole thing, the good and the bad." He smiled.

I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend, I swear.

"Turns out the two of them dropped everything they had here and moved to England. And they left Bella with her dad," My Aunt explained walking back into the living room. "He also said you can move back into the house if you want."

"What the hell, this is stupid. He can't just pick everything up and leave and then dump his kids on me. But I guess I can't really do anything about it, these twins are mine now." I sighed, staring at Alex. She was a cute little thing.

The entire time they've been in my presence nether of them has cried or made a fuss. They are the mellowest babies I've ever seen in my life.

"Well, thanks Aunt Lori. I suppose I have to move back because all their shit is probably still there so I don't need to buy anything. But yeah, we should get going. I'll call you or something if I need anything." I said putting Alex back in the stroller with Jack doing the same with Owen.

"Alright dear. See you soon." She said kissing my forehead and Jack and I went outside.

"Well, my dad's house is only a few minutes from here so I'm gonna go over there and you know get these two settled or whatever. So would you mind telling Addie I'm moving back and she can come live with me since the house is massive and can fit about ten people? If she wants, I'm not forcing her to do anything." I told him.

"Sure, and Mer?" He asked.

"Yes Jack?" I rasied an eyebrow.

"I love you." He said before walking in the other direction.

"I love you too." I smiled to myself as I started walking towards my dad's house, or should I say my new house.

This is the third time I've moved in less than a year.

My life is so weird and twisted and I don't know what to do about it anymore.