f o r t y - t w o

{fun fact: i got the idea for this book after watching high school musical 2}

m e r e d i t h

"I swear to god if she leaves one more empty chip bag on my coffee table I will fucking punch someone." I sighed picking up all the food Kacey left in the living room.

"Just cut her some slack Mer, she's seven months pregnant." Addie said following me into the kitchen.

"Which doesn't mean she can't do her part in cleaning up after herself, you don't see me leaving all my shit around the house do you? No." I muttered.

"Is that what you think of me, some useless slob?" Kacey said emerging from her room.

"Well for the time being yes, Kacey. All it takes is five extra minutes to clean up after yourself." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry but I'm so used to someone always cleaning up after me, weather it be my mom or whatever." She shrugged.

"News flash, I'm not your mother. I think it's time you learned how to be an adult, I mean you're pregnant. You must be one." I sneered.

"Meredith." Addie scolded.

At this point Kacey was on the verge of tears and wasn't even finished yet.

"Please don't start crying, I'm just telling you truth. So, I'm only going to tell you this once, please just clean up after yourself because no one else is going to it for you. We're not your personal maids or whatever. So just because that's how you used to live doesn't mean that's how you live now. Are we clear?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yes." She quietly said.

"Good, now if you'll excuse me I'm going to clean up the rest of your mess." I said turning on my heels and going into the living room to pick up all the dishes she left in there.

"Meredith, did you really have to yell at her? She won't stop crying now." Addie said putting a hand on her hip. God I hate when she does that.

"Well it's not my fault she was treated like a princess by her family, that's not how I roll and if she doesn't like that then she can go somewhere else." I huffed.

"Meredith, seriously. You can't kick her out again. Just because she lived a little bit different than you doesn't mean you can treat her like shit." She raised her voice.

"Oh trust me, if I treated her like shit she would've been out of here by now. That was no where near the shit I've been through, so don't talk to me about being treated like shit because I'm the one person knows." I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, we get it. You didn't have the perfect childhood. We fucking get it. You remind us on a daily basis, you don't need to keep saying it." She sighed.

"Is that what you think? Fine, think whatever you want. Fuck you Addie." I shouted before storming outside, slamming the door.

a d d i e

"Meredith! Wait, I'm sorry." I said running after her.

She didn't say anything, she just kept walking.

God dammit, this is all my fault. I shouldn't have said anything to her and it would have been fine.

I have no idea where she's going or when she'll be back. So my best option for now is just to go home and wait for her, she'll come back eventually.

"Is that my fault?" Kacey asked as I walked back in the house.

"No, it's mine. Don't worry about it." I said running my fingers through my hair.