t w e l v e

{Day of the wedding}

m e r e d i t h

Jack should be here any minute. Oh god I'm excited, we're crashing a wedding. Can you believe it?

Jack Gilinsky and I are crashing a wedding.

That's definitely something I'd never hear myself say.

"Mer! Open the door!" Must be him. I made my way to the door, in my 'wedding' dress. I opened it and almost fell over.

Jack looked amazing in the tux we bought, oh god.

"Here, put these on." He handed me a pair of rayban sunglasses. He was also wearing a pair.

"Why?" I put them on.

"Well, if we're going to crash a wedding we may as well look good while doing it. Right?" I like the way he thinks.

"Right." I laughed.

"So, we gonna do this or what?" He asked

"Hell yeah!" I shouted and I locked my apartment door and we went outside.

So many people gave us strange looks, probably because there were two teenagers walking down the street in wedding attire.

"Okay, so where are we going?" Jack asked.

"Er," I looked around. "Oh, that big church over there." I pointed to the church with people standing around outside.

"Okay. I made our whole plan last night. So once everyone is inside and seated, we're gonna sneak in and sit in the very back. Then right before they start to walk down together, you and I will stand up and be like "Wait! There's one more wedding to be preformed here on this fine afternoon." And walk to the altar. Plus my dress is one thousand times nicer than Tara's so we'll just steal the whole show." I stayed up all night figuring this out, I had many other ideas but this one was the best.

"Wow. So we were fake engaged, and now we're getting fake married." He laughed.

"Yeah, pretty much." I smiled.

We waited about twenty minutes, and everyone had been shuffled inside. Jack and I snuck inside. It was one of the most horrendous sights I have ever seen. The whole corridor of the church was decorated according to the color scheme; you want to know what it was? Blue and black.

"Oh god I'm gonna barf," I gagged. "This is awful."

"Agreed." Jack said looking around.

Tara probably planned this whole thing and my dad most likely didn't even get a word in edge wise.

"Alright, so I'm gonna stand next to the door and listen and on my que, we'll quietly sneak in." I ordered, he nodded.

I put my ear on the door and listened, they were just getting started.

"Okay, by now they should be distracted just enough for us to go in. Let's go." I quietly opened the door and we both dove into a chair, him on the left and me on the right.

Turns out my crazy Aunt Belinda was beside me. Yikes.

"Meredi-" I slapped my hand over her mouth.

"Shhhh. I'm not supposed to be here. Zip it." I whisper yelled. She nodded profusely.

Blah, blah blah.

Weddings are so boring.

I can say this is the longest wedding I have ever been to.

I looked over at Jack, who looked just as bored as me. He looked at me and I crossed my eyes and rolled them. Something I do when I'm annoyed.

"May I know pronounce Mr and Mrs David Skye!" The priest exclaimed as Tara and my dad started walking towards us.