n i n e t e e n

{August 31}

m e r e d i t h

"Shhhh, you'll wake her up."

"Isn't that what we're supposed to be doing."

"Well yeah, but just shut up."

I opened my eyes to see Addie, Cam and Shawn standing around my bed wearing birthday hats.

"Happy Birhday Mer!" They all shouted while Cam handed me a cupcake with a candle in it.

The one person I actually wanted to see this morning wasn't here.

"Thank you guys, but where's Jack?" I sat up and blew out the candle.

They all looked at each other.

"He already went to work, we asked him if he wanted to join. He said no." Cam mumbled.

"Fucking tool." I said under my breath before biting into the cupcake, which was amazing might I add.

-

"So Mer, what are you going to do tonight?" Addie asked me, we were currently on our lunch break.

"I'm getting a tattoo." I said nonchalantly. I wasn't having some get together or some shit.

"Oh cool, can I come with you?" Her face lit up.

"Of course you can." I smiled.

"Did you have something in mind?" She asked smiling.

"Yeah actually, I want two crescent moons. One on each wrist, one with the points facing upwards and the other with the points facing down. Representing the good and the bad." {picture in the media bar}

"From Sailor Moon?" She smiled.

"Yes! Exactly." I can't believe someone else knows who sailor moon is, every girl I've ever talked to have never heard of her before.

"Oh cool, I have to get back to work now. But I'll see you later?" She started getting up.

"Yep! See you later." I smiled. Just as she left Jack came in, and the only available spot was next to me. He just rolled his eyes as he sat down.

"Happy Birthday." He mumbled before going on his phone.

"Thanks." I said, just looking at him. He didn't notice, he just kept scrolling through whatever on his phone.

I sighed, knowing the reason why our friendship fell apart. Me, it was my fault.

"You okay?" He asked looking up at me.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I've just been distracted with some stuff. Nothing too major." I lied.

"Oh, well. Sorry." He said bluntly. Lol thanks bud.

"Yeah, thanks." I mumbled before getting up and going back to work. I really shouldn't waste my time talking to Jack. It hurts too much. Knowing how I feel about him, and just doesn't feel the same.

I've never been in love before, so I just don't know how to feel. Should I be happy because I found someone who could make me a happy person? Or should I be upset because that someone also makes me want to jump out of a moving train?

Fucking bullshit is what it is.

-

The day finally ended and Addie and I were walking around looking for a tattoo shop where I could get my tattoo.

"Oh, there's one right across the street." She pointed over to it.

"Well, let's go then." I said and we booked it across the street, avoiding on coming traffic.

We walked inside and it was nicer than expected, for a tattoo shop at least. It wasn't very busy too. We went up to the front counter, where a heavily tattooed woman was sitting.

"Hi, what can I do for you today?" She asked me.

"Would it be possible to get a tattoo today?" I smiled.

"Of course, just follow me." She walked out from behind the counter and led Addie and I to an area with three chairs, one for Addie, the tattoo artist and me. We each took a seat.

"So, what do we have in mind?" She asked me. I pulled out my phone to show her a picture.

"Alright, just let me grab that from you, I'll draw them up and we can get started!" She grabbed my phone and disappeared into the back.

She came back with the stencils and placed them on my wrists.

"I'm assuming this is your first tattoo?" She asked.

"No, I have one on my shoulder blade." I smiled.

"Really? What is it?" She started the tattoo, I didn't really notice.

"It's a black rose." I smiled again.

"Meredith, how come you never mentioned that to me?" Addie put her face in mine.

"It never came up." I shrugged.

-

"Fuck, those tattoos hurt so much more than the last one did." I said to Addie as we entered our apartment.

"There are more veins and shit in your wrist, so yeah it'll hurt more. Duh." She told me as if I already didn't know that.

"Hey, what's that?" Addie walked over to the coffee table, where a large box was sitting. It wasn't there this morning.

"I don't know, let's open it." I said tossing my bag on the couch. I grabbed the box and we both sat down. I grabbed the box and opened it, what I found almost brought a tear to my eye.

It was a sleeping with sirens crewneck, one that I've wanted for a long long time. I wanted to buy it, but after I got that seven thousand dollar wedding dress I only used once, I didn't really have the spare money.

But who on earth even knew I wanted this? And who even bought this for me?

"Addie, do you know who bought this for me? Did you?" I asked.

"The answer to both those questions are no." She put her hands up.

"Then who the hell did this?" I wondered. "Well whoever it was, thank them. This is amazing." I held it up in front of me and admired it.

a d d i e

It was clear who got her that sweater. It was Jack.

I saw him walking with the box the other day, but how he got it in here. I have no idea. However he got in here I'm just happy Meredith likes it.

Oh who am I kidding, she's only happy like this once a day.

I need her to be happy like this all day.

And the only way that can happen is if her and Jack finally get together.

But neither of them are making any effort to be friends again, which is a problem.

Like it's enough that Jack is going out with that whore he calls a girlfriend or whatever. Like damn, if you love Meredith why don't you tell her?

Same with Meredith, if you love Jack why don't you tell him?

They're both being stupid and I'm about to punch both of them.

But, starting next week Shawn, Cam, Jack and Mer get two weeks off. And in those two weeks I am determined to get them together, and if I don't I will keep trying until I do.

The Mer and Jack getting together squad will be working over time.