t w e n t y - s i x

m e r e d i t h

For the past week all I was focused on was work, since I was one of five people offered a permanent job I've been trying my best not to fuck it up. So far, I think I'm doing really well.

"Meredith, can you see me in my office please?" Mr. Gregory asked me, I nodded. I looked over at Shawn and Cam, they both shrugged. I honestly have no idea what this is about and I'm scared. So I went over to his office and knocked on the door.

"Come in," He said from inside. "Have a seat." He gestured to the chairs in front of his desk. I took a seat. "Okay, Meredith I really don't want to tell you this due to your current situation with your brother and such. But here it goes. You're fired."

"What?" I said in complete disgust.

"I have received many complaints concerning you and your service in the dining room." He sighed.

"May I know who these complaints came from?" I raised an eyebrow, I think I might know who did this.

"A Miss Brianna Riley." He said looking at a piece of paper sitting on the desk. "So, if you could have your uniform and name tag on my desk by the end of the day, that would be ideal. I'm sorry Meredith, there's nothing I can do about this. We do not take complaints like this lightly here."

"Oh, I understand. It is what it is." I shrugged getting out of the chair.

"You're not mad?" He sounded surprised.

"Nope." I sweetly smiled, leaving his office. As soon as I was back in the kitchen, I lost it.

"FUCKING BULLSHIT!" I shouted slamming my fist on the counter, scaring numerous people.

"Woah, woah, woah. Calm down, Mer." Cam attempted to calm me down.

"ME CALM DOWN? WHY WOULD I? I JUST GOT FIRED FOR SOMETHING I DIDN'T EVEN FUCKING DO! SO NO, I WON'T CALM DOWN." I shouted again.

Soon enough Addie, Jack and Shawn came back.

"Meredith, what is going on?" Jack asked.

"Oh. Your rat of an ex girlfriend got me fired. That's what's up." I seethed.

"Brianna?" He asked. "She wouldn't do that."

"Think again bud, I'm fucking out of here." I ripped my nametag off before storming out.

a d d i e

"Shit, guys. We gotta go find her." Jack said walking towards the door but I stopped him.

"No. Let her go, she needs time on her own. She'll be back. I promise." I reassured him.

"But if she runs off every time she gets upset, one of these times something bad is going to happen to her." Shawn piped in.

"No. No one is leaving, no one is going to find her. Are we clear?" I stared at all of them.

"But Addieeeeee." Jack whined.

"No. There's nothing we can do about it. That's the way she is, there's no fixing her. So, we'll give her until five and if she's not back by then, we can go look. Is that okay?" I said firmly. They all nodded. "Good, now we should all go back to work. Let's go." I said pushing each of them back into the dining room.

"I'm just worried about her Addie." Jack sighed. It's honestly so sweet how much he cares about her.

"I know, but I'm sure she's fine. She's a smart girl, you know that." I patted him on the shoulder.