e l e v e n

{July 5, two days until the wedding}

m e r e d i t h

"First thing's first, we need outfits completely out of place. I overheard her saying the color scheme is. WAIT, I have a better idea. We both dress up as a bride and groom. Completely outshining them. Oh man this is going to be good." I smirked.

Jack is best friend material let me tell ya. {OH, FRIENDZONED}

We've been hanging out a lot more lately, he's really starting to grow on me.

"Wait, so you're gonna wear a wedding dress and I need to wear a tux?" He asked.

"Of course silly, there's a bridal shop down the street. We'll hit that place up right now. Let's go." I grabbed my bag, dragged him off the couch and out the door. Cam was just getting home. 

"Oh hey guys, where you going?" He asked.

"To buy a wedding dress." I said seriously, we left him with the most confused look on his face. We laughed once outside.

We walked to the bridal store, and stood outside. 

"Wait, before we go in. We need to act as if we're engaged. They won't sell me the dress just for funsies. So, here. Take my hand." I extended my arm, he grabbed my hand.

"Hello, welcome to Rebecca's Bridal. How may I help you?" The nice woman at the front desk asked us.

"Would it be possible to get fitted and maybe buy a dress?" I asked smiling. She looked at me funny. Probably because of how young we are.

"Of course, just let me get your name. Then follow me." She smiled.

"Meredith." She typed that into her computer and then led us to a small waiting room.

There were two other women and their entourages sitting and waiting. They also looked at us weird.

"Never too young I guess." One of the old grandmas told us.

We both nodded. "Haha, yep." I said nervously.

The next ten minutes was awkward silence.

Then a woman dressed in black, walked around the corner.

"Meredith?" She asked. Jack and I stood up.

"That's me." I smiled.

"Okay, my name is Kelly by the way. So can you follow me please." We did as she said, and walked through the salon. Seeing other brides looking for dresses. We finally stopped at a small dressing room with two chairs outside. We sat in them.

"So, what are we looking for today?" She asked me. I need something completely opposite and way better than Tara's. I saw a picture of it; it was a big poofy ball gown thing. So I was looking towards a mermaid style.

"I really like the mermaid style, and lot's of bling. Definitely. Right babe?" I turned to Jack. We have to at least make this believable.

"Right." He said and kissed my cheek.

"Before I go find you some dresses, tell me a little about you two." She said enthusiastically. I looked at Jack worried.

"Well, I remember the day I first met her, and I knew right from there I wanted to make her mine.  She was a bit of a firecracker at first, but I know that bring out the better in her now. You know when you just have that uncontrollable smile when you see that certain person? That's what happens when I see Meredith, and I'm so glad I get to spend the rest of my life with her."

His acting skills are on point, dayum.

"Awe, that is so sweet. So, I'll be back with a few dresses. Just sit tight." She disappeared into the salon.

She came back a few minutes later with three different dresses. She told me to follow her into a dressing room.

j a c k

Meredith's scheming skills are on point, let me tell you. This is one of the most thought of plans I've been apart of.

"Okay, here's dress number one." Kelly opened the dressing room door, Meredith followed.

She looked breath taking. Oh my god. It was a mermaid style dress with rhinestones along the top.

"This dress is amazing. I'm taking it." Her smile was huge.

"Okay, but here's the kicker. The price. It's seven thousand dollars." Kelly said wincing.

Mer just smiled some more. "That's fine, I can pay for it."

"Alright, let's get you all dressed again and I'll meet you at the front desk with the dress." Kelly said taking Mer back to the dressing room.

I waited for her, and we walked to the front hand in hand.

Mer paid for the dress and Kelly handed it to her.

"Thank you." Mer smiled and we went outside.

She let go of my hand and skipped in front of me.

"Wow, your acting skills are on point. Where did you come up with that in like zero point two seconds?"

"I don't know actually, once I started talking it just kept on coming out." I fakely smiled.

That's the thing. I wasn't acting.

"Well, you gotta teach me sometime. But I gotta get home, I'll see you tomorrow. We'll get your tux then." She smiled before walking towards her apartment.

I guess she really only see's me as a friend.

After all we went through it's probably the only thing she wants, a friend.

So I just started walking slowly behind her.

a l l i s o n

There she is, as happy as ever.

My beautiful Meredith.

Even though I wasn't apart of her childhood, I was always watching over.

This is the happiest I've ever seen her.  That Jack kid really has an effect on her.

Even though she told me that she doesn't like him, I know deep down she must.

There's no way she's just that happy all of a sudden.

She's never been happy.

m e r e d i t h

"Mer? Why do you have a wedding dress?" Shawn was coming out of Cam's apartment.

"OH, it's for a thing I'm doing. A very important thing." I laughed.

"Whatever you say." He laughed.

I just smiled and went into my apartment; I threw the dress onto the couch and went to the fridge. I grabbed a piece of pizza.

Real healthy.

And then I went into my room and plugged my phone into my speakers and started playing some Sleeping With Sirens.

I laid down on my bed, just thinking about the day.

Right from when I got to work to now, I've been in such a good mood.

Nothing seemed to bother me, it was amazing.

Wait.

Jack was by my side.

All day.

Does this mean?

No.

Do I like him? Like a lot?

Nahhhh.

He's just a friend.

I don't think a relationship with him could work, since he gets so rattled at me when I get angry.

Ah whatever.

All that really matters is that we're finally getting along.

It's all I wanted.

And now I got it.