n i n e

m e r e d i t h

And just like that, I ruined any chance of Jack and I being friends ever again.

He's seen me at my worst, twice. More than anyone should. And both times he just walked away shaking his head, making me feel like shit.

All I want is to be able to get along with him.

So, I'm dreading seeing him at work today. After my little scene last night I went to his door, and just stood outside sobbing. I didn't have the courage to knock.

-

When I got to work, my dad was at the front desk. I didn't want to see him that's for sure.

I tried hiding behind some bushes.

That just worked out fanbloodytastic.

"Meredith, may I speak to you for a moment?" He asked. I went up to him.

"What? This better be quick, or I'll be late." I muttered.

"Well, clearly you don't want to be apart of our family anymore, you're no longer invited to the wedding." He informed me.

"I probably wasn't invited in the first place. Your rat of a fiancée hates me. Remember?" I snickered. Even though I wasn't invited, I was gonna crash that shit so hard.

"Talk about her like that one more time Meredith and I swear." He tried threatening me.

"Or what? You can't do shit. I have my own job, my own place and my own bank account. You can go stuff it. Oh, and one more thing. Tara is the spawn of Satan, I hope you know that." I laughed before walking away.

And just my luck, I bumped into Jack.

Why is he everywhere?

He didn't say anything, he just walked right past me.

Either I'm just in the wrong place in the wrong time, or he just follows me.

Both are logical explanations.

I don't know, but for now I'm just not going to think about it.

j a c k

"I mean this is the third time, I don't know if I can handle a fourth." Once again, I've witnessed Meredith's sudden outburst of anger.

"There must be some reason for it Jack, don't assume things. There could be something that's really bothering her, you don't know." He told me.

"Yeah, or she's just a bitch." I rolled my eyes.

"You really don't get it do you?" Shawn walked up behind us. "It's not like she chooses to act like that Jack, it's the only way she really expresses her feelings. She never knew any other way. She's under so much stress right now, so you have no right to talk about her like that. So please, in consideration of Meredith's feelings, please just be nice to her."

Those two must be closer than I thought.

"Well sorry, I didn't know she's messed up like that." I scoffed.

"You really are a douche, aren't you Jack? Just stay away from her, why don't you? I'm sure it'll be better for everyone." He muttered before walking into the kitchen.

"Fine, it's not like I like her anyways." I muttered under my breath before following Cam into the kitchen.

But that's the thing, I do like her. A lot.

m e r e d i t h

"Mer?" Someone called out to me. I turned around and it was Lacey, one of my 'friends.' I'm sure if I should even call her that. I met her last summer at the club, we hung out a lot. But never outside the club.