t w e n t y

m e r e d i t h

"Meredith, you can't wear that to a baby shower, put on something brighter for once." Addie pushed me back into my room to change. I was wearing the sleeping with sirens crewneck I received the other day and black jeans. My normal everyday attire, I don't see what's so wrong with that. Plus I don't even want to go. Addie is making me.

She doesn't know the exact extend of how much I hate my dad and Tara. Only Cam and Shawn do.

I gave in and changed into a white tank top with a pineapple on it.

"If you make me change one more time, I'm not going." I walked out into the living room.

"Fine, let's go then. Shawn said he would meet us there." She said and we went to Cam's apartment and knocked on the door.

Jack answered the door.

"Hi." He mumbled.

"Hello Jack, is Cam ready yet?" Addie asked.

"Yeah, hold on." He turned around and called Cam's name. He appeared seconds later.

"Ready to get your baby shower on?" He asked. I sighed and nodded slowly.

We all headed out to Addie's car. They made me sit in the back with the stupid present she bought. I have no idea what the hell it is. It was super heavy whatever it was.

"Jesus Addie, what is in this bag?" I stuck my head in between the front seats.

"Bricks that I spray painted blue and pink." She laughed.

"No way. Really?" I looked in the bag, and there they were.

"How did you even think to do this? I didn't even tell you." I was amazed.

"Cam and Shawn suggested it." Of course, she's too nice to do something like that.

"Good one Cam." I patted his shoulder.

"Thank you, thank you."

-

We got to my dad's house and we were standing at the front door, I just held my hand over the door. Contemplating knocking.

"Move over, I'll do it." Shawn pushed me out of the way and knocked on the door. Ryan opened the door.

"Hi Mer," He smiled and hugged me. Awe, I missed him so much. "Come on in." He led us inside, where there were various decorations and food everywhere. There were also a billion people.

Addie went and dropped off the gift with all the other ones, whereas I went up to my old room. I remembered I kept a bottle of vodka in the closet. I need to be a little bit intoxicated in order to try and enjoy myself.

I went in the room and it had been turned into a nursery, vomit. I really hope the vodka was still in the closet. I went and looked.

"Mer, what the hell are you doing?" Shawn asked from behind me, curses. He followed me up here.

"Well nothing now, its not in there." I backed out of the closet.

"Okay, come back downstairs now. They're about to announce the gender of the baby." He smiled and I followed him downstairs. We took a seat behind Cam and Addie.

Might I add, Tara got fat as fuck. She's like five feet tall and three feet wide. Lol I crack myself up.

"Alright everyone, settle down. I'll just cut to the chase, we're having....." I closed my eyes. "Twins! A boy and a girl."

"Oh hell no, the last time my dad had twins he fucked it up." Well that just slipped out, didn't it?

Everyone looked back at me.

"Yep that's right, here today is the fucked up twin herself." I stood up.

"Meredith, what are you doing here?" My dad asked.

"You invited me you idiot, now let me finish," Shawn tried to stop me, lol it didn't work. "What my dad doesn't realize is that these twins and Tara's current daughter Bella are going to have the childhood I always dreamed of, both parents being there constantly. He thinks he can have a do over. Which I believe is not gonna go well. Why? Because my dad has no idea how to be a parent. He just gave us whatever we wanted just so we would shut up about it, I don't want these kids to turn out like spoiled brats. Which I know they will be, but that's beside the point."

a d d i e

"Guys! What are we gonna do? She's not gonna stop anytime soon, and none of us can do anything about it!" I whisper yelled at Cam and Shawn.

"I know! I'll call Jack. He's the only person who can get her to stop," Cam said pulling out his phone. "He'll be here in ten minutes."

Those are going to be a long ten minutes.

-

"Where is she?" Jack asked us, we all pointed at her. She was still ranting away. Now she's upgraded to telling everyone in the room what went wrong in her life, and quite frankly it's really sad.

m e r e d i t h

I was almost finished with my rant until I was rudely interrupted by someone's warm breath on my neck. I recognized the scent, it was Jack.

"Mer, stop. You know nothing good will come out of this." He whispered.

I turned around to face him; I looked him straight in the eyes. He was the one person in the world I couldn't stay mad at. All I wanted to do was jump into his arms, but I can't. He's dating that hoe Brianna and this would somehow get back to her.

I looked around the room again; everyone had shocked looks on their faces.

"I'm sorry." I said and walked out. I kept walking until I found myself in a park not far from the house; I sat down on a bench and remained there for the next four hours.

-

"Mer, take the hoodie, it's getting cold." Jack stood behind me. He wasn't wrong, it was cold. Like really cold. But I refused to take the hoodie from him. I'm trying to avoid anything to do with him, as it will only make my feelings for him stronger.

"Go give it to Brianna." I seethed.

"Fine, I'm going to leave the hoodie right here. So you have two options, put the damn thing on, or come home with me." He placed a black hoodie next to me, I looked at it and I knew it was his basketball hoodie he had in high school. It also had his last name on the back.

I really didn't want to go home, so I grabbed the hoodie and pulled it over my head. It smelled like him, amazing.

"Good." He came and sat beside me. Shit. "Question, how come you and Johnson aren't hanging out much anymore?"

He doesn't know?

"We uh, broke up." I mumbled, avoiding eye contact with him.

"Oh, uh sorry." He said quietly.

"So, how are you and Brianna going?" I asked, actually curious.

"Oh, uh good I guess. But I think I'm gonna break it off soon, we don't really have the chemistry we used too. I guess we weren't meant to be." He ran his fingers through his hair.

Because the one you're meant to be with is me.