s i x t e e n

{August 28, three days until Mer's birthday. Drama, drama, drama!}

m e r e d i t h

Mr. Gregory called a meeting for all of the kitchen staff, and I'm just sitting here like, I hope I'm not fired.

"As you all know, your jobs here during the summer were not permanent. As you also know, only four of you will be offered permanent employment at the Springside Country club. And those four are," I crossed my fingers that one of them would be me. "Cameron Dallas, Jack Gilinsky, Shawn Mendes and Meredith Skye."

WOOOO!

Mr. Gregory smiled at us before leaving. So did everyone else.

Shawn, Cam and I had a little group hug type of thing. But Jack just went back to work.

"Well doesn't he seem bitter today?" I chuckled.

"Yeah, because he misses you." Cam said quietly.

"What?" I looked Cam straight in the eyes.

"Don't deny it Mer, you guys were perfect for each other and after you two stopped talking or whatever happened he's just been all sulky and annoying. Plus if he find out that you're dating Johnson he'll go nuts." Cam explained.

"Well shit, I'm sorry that he acts like a little bitch when I lose my temper. If he wants to be friends with me he's just gonna have to accept the fact that I'm not perfect. And plus me dating Johnson shouldn't have anything to do with our friendship, which obviously is non existent." I huffed.

"Okay Mer, think what you want but I'm telling you know it's gonna end badly." He said before walking away.

I just looked at Shawn like what the hell. He shrugged. I just rolled my eyes and went into the dining room.

It looks like there's a new hostess, and she's pretty oh dear lord.

Jack had already started to make his move on her. I won't let that happen, so I made my way over there.

"Back off Gilinsky, I got this." I snickered. He rolled his eyes and went to take more orders.

"Don't waste your time with him, he's not worth it. Take it from me," I laughed. "I'm Meredith by the way."

"Adelaide, but you can call me Addie." She smiled.

"Oh my gosh, I love your name. But uh I gotta get back to work. We should hang out sometime. Does later today sound good?" I asked hopefully.

"Absolutely! Meet me outside after work." She said smiling.

"Alrighty, see you then!" I smiled and went back to work.

She sems really nice, I just hope Jack doesn't get to her. She doesn't need that in her life.

-

"Hey Addie." I smiled as I walked into the lobby.

"Hi Meredith, uh is it alright if I call you Mer?" She asked.

"Oh yeah, everyone calls me that," I nodded. "So do you want to come back to my place? I can provide food and netflix."

"Sounds fantastic." She smiled and we started walking towards my apartment, I've started walking to work. It's been a lot nicer out lately so I decided eh why not?

When we got there, Cam and Jack were checking their mail box. Coincidently so was Jack J. Oh no. Gilinsky doesn't know I'm dating Johnson. Only Shawn and Cam know, and this isn't how he needed to find out.

"Hey babe." Johnson said before coming over to me and kissing my cheek.

"Hii." I said softly. I looked over at Cam and Gilinsky, both of them just staring at me.