t h i r t y - t h r e e

{March}

m e r e d i t h

"Give it to me Meredith." My mom stuck out her hand. She was trying to get me to give me her phone, which I will not allow to happen.

"In case you didn't know, this is my only current source of happiness. It lets me talk to my friends back home, who I miss like hell. So I'm not going to let you take that away from me." I stated very clearly.

"That's the whole point of this Meredith, you need to stop relying on them for everything." She put a hand on her hip.

"Fine. Take my phone, and watch how fast my mood will change once you do." I said placing it in her hand.

"Thank you. And I have something for you to do, go pick up Ryan from the university." She said tossing me the car keys. I sighed before going into my room to grab a couple cd's since I can't have my phone to hit that aux cord. I grabbed Madness by Sleeping With Sirens. {such a good album oh my lord}

I trudged outside to the car and got inside. Placing the cd in the cd player.

Such hostile music for such a hostile person.

-

I pulled up to the university building that I was told Ryan was in, waiting for him to come outside. I saw numerous students coming outside, many of them wearing t shirts and hoodies with johns hopkins or hopkins written on them. I then knew I wanted one. I don't know, I just like university sweaters for some strange reason.

Soon enough he came outside with a few other people. He said his goodbyes to them before getting in the car.

"Hey, do you think you could get me one of those hoodies?" I asked hopefully.

"Of couse, we just have to go the bookstore. That's where they sell them." He said as I started driving in the direction of the bookstore. There were signs everywhere, so it was pretty easy finding my way there.

Once we made it there I parked and we went inside. It was a Barnes and Noble just for the university. I thought that was pretty cool. We walked up to where they had all the clothing on display and I looked around, seeing what I wanted.

Finally I decided on a dark blue hoodie that had johns hopkins university written across it. Ryan paid for it and we went back outside and to the car.

"So how was your day Mer?" He asked as I pulled out of the parking lot.

"Shitty, mom took my phone away and don't know when I'll get it back." I sighed.

"Why?" He asked.

"She thinks I need to stop relying on my friends for my happiness or some shit like that. She doesn't get it, just talking to any of them for a second just makes my day that much better. She doesn't understand me one bit, and it's so hard to even hold a conversation with her. She thinks I'll be all happy and sunshiney if I go out and do something with myself. That's not the case. Being by myself makes me even sadder. I need my friends Ryan, they make me who I am and without them I'm just broken." I sighed again.

"Well, I'll talk to her for you okay?" He smiled patting my knee.

"Thank you." I smiled.

-

Once we got home Ryan went to talk to mom while I went into my room. I opened my laptop to play music, because Ryan might not be able to get my phone back so this is what I'm stuck with for now.

But even over the music all I could hear was yelling coming from the living room. I popped my head out the door so I could eavesdrop a little bit.

"I don't care Ryan, the whole reason of bringing her here was so she could have a new life away from them. They're the whole reason she's so unhappy." My mother shouted. Such bullshit that is.