t h i r t y - f o u r

{April}

m e r e d i t h

A month, a month she's had my phone and laptop. And now she doesn't let me go over to Kacey's because she knows when I go over there I use her phone to talk to my friends.

So, I decided since I've got nothing better to do with my day to dye my hair teal.

Nothing wrong with a little change of looks am I right?

My mother forces me to go out everyday, so this is the result. I bought hair bleach and teal hair dye. Since my hair is dark brown I must bleach it first so the color looks good.

I invited Kacey over because If I did this myself I'd probably turn out bald, so.

"Why teal?" She asked looking at the box of hair dye I bought.

"I don't know, it's nice color?" I shrugged.

"Okay, let's get started." She smiled.

-

"Ready to see it?" Kacey asked excitedly.

My hair had been in a towel for the past twenty minutes, so I have no idea what it looks like.

"Here we go." She said taking the towel off my head, and I went to look in a mirror.

"Holy shit." I breathed as I ran my fingers through my now teal hair. {if you need visuals of the colour, think halsey's teal hair.}

It was amazing.

"I don't know why I didn't think about doing this before, I look swag." I laughed.

Yuck, I just said swag.

a d d i e

"So, we gonna go to Baltimore soon or what?" I asked the guys as we all took our lunch break together.

"Yes, but we all need to take like a month off work." Cam pointed out.

"Eh, I don't think that'll be a problem. They're pretty flexible about that here." I shrugged.

"Okay. Let's plan it right now. We'll leave next week and try and come back with Meredith. She's so miserable there it's sad." I announced.

"Yeah, her mom is such a bitch." Jack snickered.

"Agreed." Cam, Shawn and I said in unison.

"Like seriously, she knows next to nothing about Meredith and she thinks it's okay to take away everything that makes her happy? I don't understand that." I sighed.

"Same. Meredith is nineteen not twelve, why can't she just grasp that? Maybe she's just making up all that time she wasn't there when Meredith was growing up. Who knows." Shawn shrugged.

I find it weird that her mom just showed up unannounced all of a sudden, why didn't she do it earlier? I don't get it.

"Well, I'm gonna go tell Mr. Gregory that all of us are taking the next month off." I announced standing up. They all nodded and I made my way to his office. I knocked on the door.

"Come in," He said from inside. I opened the door slowly and walked in. "Ah, hello Miss Prescott. What can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if I could book some time off for me and a few other people?" I asked.

"And who are those other people?" He asked rasing an eyebrow.

"Shawn Mendes, Cameron Dallas and Jack Gilinsky sir." I told him.

"And how long would you like off?" He started typing something into his computer.

"One month? Starting next week?" I asked nervously.

"Well, you four are some of my best workers. But I'm sure it would be fine if you guys had the time off. You deserve it." He smiled.

"Thank you so much." I said before skipping out of his office.

We're coming for you Meredith, don't you worry.

m e r e d i t h

"Meredith, what did you do to your hair?" My mom asked me while touching it.

"I dyed it." I said in a duh tone of voice.

"Dye it back." She said sternly.

"What? Why?" I asked making a face.

"I don't like it." She said putting a hand on her hip.

"I don't care." I said before going to my room.

I need to get out of here, as soon as possible. I'm going nuts not having anything to do all day.

A typical day for me usually consists of watching tv and eating. Since my mom is at work and Ryan is at university I'm alone everyday until five. Then they come home and we eat dinner and go our separate ways for the evening.

It's nothing like I pictured life to be when we came here, I expected so much more.

Such as going out and doing things as a family or actually enjoying each other's company.

Every minute I spend with my mom I hate, because she never has anything nice to say to me. It's always something like, "Meredith do this. Meredith do that. I don't like that Meredith. Go out and do something Meredith." The list goes on, but you get the point.

And she's only like this to me, not Ryan. She treats him like an angel and never tells him to do anything.

It's basically how dad treated us, but somehow this is worse. Maybe it's the fact that she doesn't ignore me, and dad did.

I feel like shit almost ninety percent of the time and there's nothing anyone in this dumb city can do for me.

Ryan's too busy with homework and shit and has no time to talk to me anymore and I'd rather bathe in acid than talk to my mom about my problems, because right now she's the root cause of all of them.

The only people I feel completely comfortable opening up to are Addie, Jack, Cam and Shawn.

And I can't even do THAT anymore.

"Meredith?" My mom knocked on the door.

"Go away." I mumbled.

"Okay, tomorrow I'm taking you to see a therapist. Be ready at ten." She said before walking away.

A THERAPIST?

I'm not crazy, why on earth does she think I need to see a therapist?

Fucking stupid is what it is.

Well, I might as well just go to bed because I have nothing better to do, because mom is in the living room and I really don't have anything nice to say to her at the moment.

I hope this therapist I see will tell my mom I'm fine and there's no need for more therapy.

But with my luck, I'll probably be going in for weekly sessions.

Awesome.

Haha, jokes.

I just hope my friends are doing better than I am right now, hell everyone in the world is probably doing better than me right now.

My life sucks and I don't know what to do about it.