t h i r t y - n i n e

m e r e d i t h

I slowly closed the door to the twins room, trying not to make any loud noise. I finally got both of them to sleep and I couldn't be happier. It usually takes me so long.

"Finally got them to sleep?" Addie chuckled as I collapsed onto the couch

"Yeah, only took me thirty minutes. But I did it." I sighed.

"I can't believe this is our life now, the five of us living in this huge house with a set of twins." Addie said in amazement.

"Yeah, it's definitely not what I had in mind but as long as I have you guys I know I'll make it." I smiled.

In the past month Me, Jack, Addie, Cam and Shawn's lives have turned upside down. Let me tell you.

When I found out about the twins I was so scared and I didn't know what to do, but they all said they'd be by my side.

So, we all moved out of our separate apartments and moved into my dad's house.

And in a group decision Addie and I quit our jobs, and the boys kept theirs.

Addie and I stay home and take care of the twins and by the time the boys get home they're already in bed so we can all just have a little time to ourselves.

It's not my ideal idea of my life at this point in time, but I have my friends and that's all that I need.

"Addie, have I ever told you how much you mean to me?" I asked.

"In the past month? A lot." She laughed.

"I mean it, you guys are more of a family to me than my actual  family. So to me that means everything and I swear nothing on earth could be better than this." I gushed.

"Mer, stop. You're gonna make me cry." She laughed as she moved over to hug me.

"Who's crying?" I heard Cam shout from the front door.

"No one." Addie said sitting up.

"I will be if no one makes food soon." I laughed standing up and going into the kitchen.

Addie and I usually wait for them to get home to eat, but most days I'm tempted to bite my own arm off by the time they're home.

"So how was your day?" I asked Jack wrapping my arms around his torso from behind, resting my head on his back.

"Same old, same old." He shrugged.

"I missed you." I smiled.

"I missed you too." He said turning around and leaning down to kiss me.

"There will be no making out in the kitchen please, I've already seen enough. Either you just don't do it, or go somewhere else." Shawn said pointing upstairs.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes as Jack picked my up and set me on the counter. "Now that this is settled can someone please make some food?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm working on it." Addie mumbled grabbing stuff out of the fridge.

-

Most of the evening was spent laughing and enjoying each other's company, and it was probably the happiest I've been in a while.

So, everyone had gone their separate ways and went into their rooms. Jack and I share a room, and we're just kinda lying in bed talking.

"Meredith, have you ever wondered what you'd be doing if we never met and you were never forced to work at the country club?" Jack asked staring at the ceiling.

"Actually, I do, almost everyday. If I hadn't of maxed out my credit card, my dad wouldn't have done anything. But I suppose it was the last straw and he was super pissed that time. So if he didn't do that, I probably would be sitting in this very room feeling sorry for myself because of everything I fucked up in my life. And when I met you, well we both know I despised you and vise versa. But somewhere along the way I started looking at you differently, I don't know it was really strange. I fell in love with you like the way you fall asleep, slowly and then all at once, and Jack I swear to god I love you so much and if I lose you one more time I think I'll go crazy. And it's so easy for me to lose people because I'm such a fuck up." I said looking up at him.

"Mer, you won't lose me. That's a promise because you're not an easy person love and you're not an open book ready to be read and I think that's why I fell for you. You don't make it easy, and you shouldn't because you're an amazing person someone should fight for your love and earn it and feel blessed and grateful for you, and to love you. To love every piece of you. I promise to love you through anything and don't think by the things that you tell me that you think aren't good are going to scare me off, because it's not. You have me and I don't plan on going anywhere. I love you a lot and I know you love me a lot too. Just know what the person that you're in love with loves you just as much or maybe even more," Jack sighed, jesus christ that was the deepest thing I think I've ever heard come out of someone's mouth. Let alone a guys mouth. "And Meredith, no matter how much you think down of yourself, just know that I will never. I know that I'm the first person you've ever completely let in and trusted. To me, that is one of the best things I could ever ask for in life. Meredith, you are one of the most broken but put together people I have ever met in my life."

"Alright, I have no idea where you thought of that, but damn. It was great." I chuckled.

Suddenly my phone started ringing, and considering it was twelve am, I was a bit scared to answer it.

"Jack, had me the phone." I told him and he leaned over to grab it and gave it to me.

I checked the caller id, it was Kacey. My neighbor in Baltimore.

"Hello?"

"Meredith, where are you? I need help." She sounded upset.

"Kacey, I moved. I'm not in Baltimore anymore. I'm sorry."

"Well, now I have no where to go. My parents kicked me out because I'm, I'm pregnant."

Who kicks out a nineteen year old girl because she's pregnant?

"No, you do have somewhere. I'm buying you a plane ticket and you're moving here. I have more than enough room at my house, okay?"

"Meredith, I can't let you do that."

"No, you called asking for help and I'm giving it to you. I'm buying you a plane ticket and I will send it to you in the morning, until then call my brother and tell him you're staying with him until tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then."

"Yes, I'll be at the airport, see you then love."

"Bye."

I hung up and exhaled deeply. What on earth did I just get myself into?

"Well, looks like we're getting a new roommate."