t e n

m e r e d i t h

One week until the dreaded wedding, which I plan on crashing. I need a partner.

But, things between everyone at the club are really tense.

Jack and I don't even talk, Cam is being just weird around me and Shawn hasn't hung out with me because of his girlfriend.

So, I just hang out with Allison.

Yeah, my mom. I have no one else. My own brother won't even look at me. Same with my dad. He doesn't even know about Allison, nor do I want him to know. He'd probably ban me from ever seeing him again.

So here I am, sitting alone during my lunch break out in the parking lot.

It feels like high school all over again, such bullshit.

"Hey, you!" Someone shouted at me, I turned around. It was Maddy. Shawn's girlfriend. Oh god what does she want.

"Do you need something?" I asked un amused.

"Yeah, fucking stay away from Shawn. He's been so distracted, he's just worried about you and your bullshit." Lol wat.

"We haven't talked in a week, so I don't know what you're talking about here sister." Sass.

She was frantically trying to think of an excuse.

"Ugh, just stay away from him. Okay?" She stuttered.

"Look, I don't know what you want with me, but I'm sure as hell not trying to steal your boyfriend. He's just a close friend, so yeah he'd be concerned about me. I've been dealing with some things over the past few weeks and he's helped me though them." Not even gonna lie here.

"Huh, if that's all. I'll be going now." I'm sure there's more she wanted to say to me.

"Are you sure? Because if you have more to say, I've got time." I smirked.

"Well in that case," She came strutting back. "What on earth is so bad with your life that he's so attached to you? I mean you must be pretty fucked up."

Oh.

"I'm fucked up? You're fucked up. Coming up to me telling me to stay away from your boyfriend. I knew he was in a relationship, why would I go after him? I'm not stupid." I retorted.

"At least I'm not the one with anger issues, and makes everyone hate them." She snickered.

That was the last straw.

"Bitch, you think I want to be that way? I don't. It's a way of defending myself because no one else would. So go take your judgmental ass out of my sight before I hurt you for real." She looked scared. Thus, turning around and running in the other direction.

I just rolled my eyes and went back inside.

Maybe I'm better off alone.

-

It was a rough afternoon, let me tell you. Nothing seemed to be going my way. I messed up orders and just was all around awful.

"Fuck." I muttered putting my head in my hands. I don't know what to do. There's so much distracting me.

I have no one to rant to, Shawn already left with Maddy, and Cam left too. So Jack is the only one left, and I'm pretty sure he won't talk to me.

I'm just sitting here alone; I don't want to go home because I'll just end up crying all night. I'm not down for that.

Just as I was leaving I bumped into Jack, why? Why does this keep happening?

I dropped my purse, and everything fell out. Fuck.