s i x

{this chapter is for my home slice maddy, love ya}

{for the sake of the story, shawn is 18. k? k.}

m e r e d i t h

These past few days have been hell. I was right.

Cameron and Jack completely ignore me at work. I don't understand why. Like okay, maybe they don't feel comfortable around me anymore because they think I'll rip their throat out. I don't know. But I want to find out.

But in other news, we have a new co worker. His name is Shawn. He seems very nice though. Maybe we can be friends. I'm in desperate need of those at the moment.

My shift starts in ten minutes. But I can't bring myself to leave my truck.

Ever since Tara announced her engagement she's just been worse to me and only me. Not Ryan what so ever. It's starting to piss me off.

"Fuck her and her stupid shit." I said under my breath.

"Meredith..?" Someone said. Dammit, I left the window open.

"What?" I snapped.

I looked up and it was Shawn. Oh hell, I was still crying a little bit. He had a concerned look on his face.

"Are you okay?" He asked as I opened the window more.

"To be honest, I'm really not." I admitted. I scooted over and opened the door for him to come inside, he agreed.

"Why? You seem really nice." I do? Huh.

"That's the thing, I am really nice. But sometimes I loose it and start freaking out at someone. Once people see me like that they decide they don't want to be around me, because they think I'll do it to them. I've never had a friendship that's lasted longer then I'd say six months. But I thought Cam and Jack would be different. Cam at least, I wasn't too sure about Jack, but he started to grow on me. But alas, they saw me yelling at someone, I said some very colourful things and they just left me. Alone. As usual. I have no one to turn to anymore, everyone's gone. So this is my life now, crying before going into work everyday. When people are upset with me, it just turns me into a monster. Because they're always looking or glaring at me and I usually call them something I shouldn't." I started crying somewhere in the middle of that. I didn't really notice.

"Oh Meredith, you're a wonderful person. I'm sure if you explain to them why you act they way you do they might understand. Now come on, you don't want to be late. Do you?" I shook my head and we went inside.

I got changed into my uniform and went into the kitchen, to get my usual glares from Cam and Jack.

I was done.

"Glare all you want, but that doesn't change the fact you two are being complete bastards. I really thought I had made some real friends. Genuine friends. I guess I was wrong. I hope you two have a nice life." I said not caring what everyone else thinks.

"Whatever you say princess." Jack muttered before walking away. What an ass, I can't believe I actually might have liked him.

I stormed off into the dining room. He just makes me so angry.

Cam came rushing behind me.

"Meredith, I'm so sorry. I know it was wrong to just leave you. I hope you and I can be friends again." It wasn't the best apology I've heard, but it works.

"Okay, we're good now." I smiled. He went off to another table.

"See, it wasn't that hard was it?" Shawn whispered, he kinda scared me.