s e v e n t e e n

m e r e d i t h

{August 29}

The next day, I woke up on the couch. Hence why my back hurts like hell. Addie and I must have watched like ten movies last night.

Speaking of Addie, she's on the floor all cuddled up with blankets and pillows. I took the one pillow I had and threw it at her.

"Hey, what was that for?" She rubbed her head as she sat up.

"It's like twelve o clock, if you want to live here you need your stuff right? So get up and let's go!" I raced into my room to get changed, I put on black shorts and grey three quarter length shirt with a crescent moon on it.

"Ready?" I asked Addie as she was putting her hair in a ponytail. She nodded. So I grabbed my bag and keys and we went into the hallway.

I bumped into someone though, it was Shawn's girlfriend, Maddy.

"Er, Hi Maddy." I mumbled. I wonder what she wants.

"Hi Meredith, and girl I don't know." She looked at Addie.

"Adelaide." She coughed.

"Oh, so anyways. The reason I'm here is to apologize, I know it was a while ago but I know you were in a rough place and I shouldn't have said those things to you. So, I'm sorry." I've never ever had someone apologize to me like this before.

"You're forgiven, plus I threatened to beat you up so I'm also sorry." We both laughed. "But uh, yeah. I'll see you around?"

"Yeah, we should hang out sometime." She smiled.

"Sounds good. I'll give you my number, hand me your phone," She did and I put my number into her phone. "Alrighty, just text me whenever you wanna chill." She nodded before Addie and I went in the elevator. Gilinsky was in there too, I awkwardly stood next to him.

"Meredith." He muttered.

"Jack." I smiled. I didn't get one in return. Yikes. Once we got to the lobby he just walked straight out without saying anything else.

"Dick." I said under my breath before we went outside and to my truck.

We got in the truck and we drove to Addie's house.

-

It only took us all afternoon, but we finally got all of Addie's stuff into my apartment. Boy, she has a lot of stuff.

We finally unpacked the last box and were currently laying on the couch watching Say Yes to The Dress. She sat up.

"Okay Mer, that elevator incident with Jack was so fucking awkward. Clearly there is so much more behind your 'friendship' than I know. So please elaborate." She told me.

"Oh god, this is a long story. So grab a snack or something." I joked. But she went and grabbed a bag of chips and sat back down.

"Ready!" She put a handful of chips in her mouth.

"Okay, it all started on the very first day I started working at the country club. He took a strong disliking to me on account of thinking I was a spoiled brat. I'm not. So for the first few weeks we butted heads. Big time. But after a while we finally started getting along, that didn't last very long. My dad got this new girlfriend and she was just a royal bitch to me and I just wasn't handling it properly. Jack was over one day and I lost my temper, and he just kinda stopped talking to me after that. Another few weeks past and we started talking again, but once again I fucked up. I reaaallly lost my temper at my dad and step mom in front of him. It was awful. But then things took a turn for the good, I asked him to help crash my dad and step mom's wedding, on one condition. We had to get along for a whole week. We ended up doing it, and we crashed the wedding. It was amazing, and that's when I realized I had feelings for him, a lot of them too. We started hanging out a lot more and I was so freaking happy. And I'm not a naturally happy person, he brought out the best in me. But once again, I just fucked up. I lost my temper in front of him again, and this time I thought he would understand. But he didn't. I was crushed, I really thought we had something. So I started dating Johnson to get him off my mind, lol that didn't work. I lay in bed every night thinking of him, and I finally realized. I don't just like him, I love him." I stuttered the last part, I wasn't expecting that to come out.

"Meredith." She breathed out. "This is the most tragic love story I've ever heard. You need to tell him."

"Nah, I'll just save myself the embarrassment. He obviously doesn't love me back or whatever." I sighed.

"Oh c'mon, you never know." She raised her eyebrows. I shook my head.

"Nope. But I'm hungry and want sushi, so I'm gonna go get some. Be back in ten." I got off the couch and grabbed my keys. When I opened the door, I saw an unsightly sight.

Jack had some chick pinned against the door, with his tongue basically down her throat. I just turned around and went back inside. {I hate myself too, don't worry}

"Screw sushi, I'm down for frozen pizza." I stuttered. A few seconds later my phone buzzed. It was a text from Cam.

Cam: hey, can I come over? jack and this chick are literally about to fuck on my couch.

I felt a pang of jealously surge throughout my whole body. Lol that should be me.

Meredith: yeah, door's open.

A few minutes later he arrived.

"Hello Cameron." I said putting my pizza in the oven. He nodded and sat on the couch next to Addie.

"Well, who might you be?" He smiled at her.

"Adelaide, but call me Addie. I'm Meredith's roommate and I also work at the country club." She smiled at him. I stared at the two for a second, they would make a cute couple.

"Okay, now I don't want you two fucking on my couch now." I laughed. Addie blushed. Lol she likes him.

"Meredith!" She scolded me. I smirked and went and sat across from them.

"Sorry, sorry. I'm just in a bitter mood because I'm gonna be single forever, the longest relationship I've had was like three weeks. And that was with Johnson." I basically was cackling.

"Wait! You and Johnson broke up?" Cam asked.

"Yep." I said popping the 'p' {how basic of you meredith}

"Oh, uh sorry about that." He said trying to hide a smile. Odd. But whatever.

"Nah, it's alright. I'm over it." I kicked up my feet and put them on the coffee table.

But the only thing I could think about was Jack and that girl, I mean was anything that we ever had a lie? Clearly, because he seems over it.

Like they always say, you always love the people you can't have.