t w e n t y - n i n e

{December}

m e r e d i t h

"Addie, no. Just move. I'll do it." I pushed her out of the way as she was setting up Christmas decorations. I like things done my way, and this is was definitely not my way.

"Are you going to let me do anything?" She said putting a hand on her hip.

"Probably not." I laughed. "Actually, I do have something I want you to do." I said throwing my phone at her. "Text my mom and Ryan and tell them they can come over anytime after five." She nodded and started typing something into my phone.

Jack, Cam and Shawn knew they could come over whenever, so I don't know when they'll be here.

I finished setting everything up and stood back to admire my work. It's a nice tree, I like this tree.

"Very nice." Jack said from behind me while putting his hands on my hips. I spun around to face him.

"I tend to think I'm the master at Christmas decorations, when I was a kid every year I looked forward to putting everything up. It was the one time of year nothing else mattered to me," I sighed at the memories. "Well, I'm sad now." I went over to the couch and fell face first.

"Noooo." Jack said grabbing my shoulders, making me sit up. "You're not allowed to be sad for the rest of the week. I won't allow it." My mouth curved into a slight smile.

"Okay, good. Now come one, put your boots and jacket on. We're going for a walk." He announced loudly so Addie would hear.

"But it's snowing." I said looking out the window.

"Even better, meet me outside in a few minutes." He said walking towards the door, but stopped. "And Meredith?"

"Yes Jack?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I love you." He smiled before leaving.

I smiled to myself as I went and slipped on a pair of uggs and my jacket. And a beanie, and mittens. I actually hate the cold and would rather spend all winter inside with blankets and tea. After putting all my stuff on, I trudged down to the lobby and outside. The cold winter air hit me like a bus. The last time I was outside was at least three or four days ago, whenever I needed something I made someone else get it for me.

Jack walked outside soon enough, barely even noticing how cold it was.

"How the hell are you not freezing to death?" I asked as he grabbed my hand and we started walking down the street.

"Maybe it's because I like the cold and winter. Unlike you." He laughed. I just rolled my eyes.

"So, where are we going? I like to limit the amount of time I spend outside during the winter." I chuckled.

"You'll see." He said as he dragged me along the sidewalk.

But I do admit it's really pretty outside, it's snowing very lightly so it's like one of those stupid cliché movie scenes where you kiss your significant other in the snow and/or rain.

Soon enough we arrived at this small loose leaf tea shop. One I've always wanted to go to, but never had the time. I looked at Jack and he smiled.

"We going in or what?" He laughed before opening up the door, letting me in. The smell of tea instantly made me smile. Hell, tea in general just makes me smile. {lol hey, i have a lowkey obsession with loose leaf tea for those who didn't know}

"Get whatever you want. It's on me babe." Jack said kissing my forehead.

-

As I skipped inside the apartment, I noticed everyone had already come over. Those being Cam, Shawn and Maddy, my mom and Ryan.