t h i r t y - t w o

{February}

m e r e d i t h

Guess what today is?

Valentine's Day.

Probably my least favorite day of the year. One because I'm spending it on my couch, and two I've eaten way too much chocolate and feel like I'm about to be sick.

Neither my mother nor Ryan are here either, so I'm just bored out of my mind.

So much for becoming a family. We can't be one if no one if ever here. Like fuck, I sit around all day doing nothing. Just wanting to off myself out of boredom.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. The highlight of my day. I went and opened it, it was the mailman. He was holding a huge box.

"Delivery for Meredith Skye." He said reading the box.

"That's me." I said.

"Sign here please." He handed me a pen and I signed where he told me. He then gave me the box.

"Thanks." I mumbled closing the door.

I went into the kitchen and grabbed a knife to open the box with, I checked to see who it was from.

Jack Gilinsky.

I smiled before opening the package, right on the top was a letter. I decided to read it before opening the rest of it.

Mer,

so im currently really sad because i miss you. but anyways i thought i'd be a cute boyfriend and sent you shit on valentines day. so i put in a few of your favorite teas, one of my hoodies because i know you love them and a ring. the ring is a promise ring, it represents love, loyalty and friendship. because i love the heck out of you, loyal is something i'll always be and to be honest you're my best friend. don't tell cam though. but yeah, i really miss you and hope we can come visit you soon. so until then, i love you princess.

-Jack

I looked in the package and there was a small ring box, I opened it to find a super nice ring.

I took it out and slid it onto my left ring finger. Dang it looks nice. Jack has nice taste. I do have to say. I took everything else out of the box, the teas were literally all of my favorites and the hoodie was fucking a gift sent from god because it smelled like him and he smells so good I cannot even.

I decided to text Kacey because I was in a good mood and wanted someone to take advantage of it.

New Message to Kacey Jones:

meredith: hey come over, im happy for once and would enjoy some company.

kacey: well i'll be right over then.

I smiled before taking the hoodie and putting it on and going to sit on the couch.

Well, this makes me sad because it makes me feel like he's here.

Sad. The only mood I'm capable of being in.

"The parties here." Kacey shouted as she entered the house.

Oh goody.

"Oh, girl. I see you got something here." She said looking through the box, which was empty now.

"I did, from my boyfriend." I smiled.

"And what did you get missy?" She asked sitting next to me.

"Tea, one of his hoodies and this ring." I said showing her my hand.

"Damn Meredith, you two must be serious. This ring means something, I hope you know that." She said almost like she was in shock.

"I do know that, Kacey I cannot even to begin to explain how much he means to me. I honestly feel like I could easily spend the rest of my fucked up life with him." I sighed.

"Fucked up life? Meredith, your life seems pretty good to me." Lol really.

"You don't really know me, I mean we met only I month ago. So it might seem to you that I'm 'fine' but I'm really not fine, nor will I ever be. I've been through so much in the nineteen years I've been on this planet. More than someone ever should. But he, he makes all that pain that I once faced just go away. There's just something about him that makes me feel so safe and at home. But now I'm here in a city where I'm sad and depressed almost everyday, so without him I feel so much more broken than I already am. He's my everything Kacey. Absolutely everything." I said as a few tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Oh honey, I'm sorry I made you upset. I didn't mean to. Oh god I feel bad now." Kacey said in a panic. I let out a small chuckle.

"No, it's okay. I'm okay." I said wiping my face with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Here, to take your mind off things. Do you wanna go out and do something?" Kacey asked smiling.

"Yeah, I'd love that." I smiled back.

-

Kacey and I spent the day walking around the city. It was really nice spending time with her, she's honestly such a nice girl.

I walked in the house quietly, because it was kinda late and I didn't want to wake anyone.

"Meredith! Where have you been? I've been worried sick." My mom shouted at me.

"Oh you know, actually out enjoying myself for once. I don't see why you're upset, I'm nineteen not twelve. I can take care of myself." I rolled my eyes.

"What did I tell you about your attitude Meredith?" She raised an eyebrow.

"That you've had it up to here with it. But maybe if you spend enough time with me you would know why I have an attitude like that. So if you don't mind, I'll be going to bed now. Good fucking night." I said storming into my room and slamming the door.

I sat on my bed grabbing my phone from my backpack and calling Addie.

"Hey there Mer."

"This is no time for rhyming Adelaide."

"Okay, what time is it for then?"

"I don't know, I'm just in a bad mood and need cheering up. So hit me with something."

"Um, let's see. Shawn and Maddy broke up. That's literally the most interesting thing that's happened in two months."

"Oh really. Why? They seemed happy together."

"They were, but Shawn started hanging out with Me, Cam and Jack a lot more and less with her. She got pissed and dumped his ass."

"I knew it. I never liked her anyways."

"Yeah, you threatened to beat her up so she would look homeless. So yeah, I had a feeling."

"Yeah."

"Yeah."

"Well, I feel a little better now. But I'm gonna go because I'm literally about to fall asleep. I'll Facetime you or something tomorrow. Sound good?"

"Sounds great. See you then. Love and miss you Mer."

"Ditto, byeeeeeee."

"Byee."

I hung up before changing into my pajamas. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and came back to check my messages before I went to sleep. I had one.

New Message from Jack Gilinsky.

jack: i wish i could have you sleeping in my arms. hear you breathe. feel your heartbeat. have you kissing me. i need you falling asleep in my arms. until then, only my dreams can provide such happiness. goodnight princess, i love you so much.

I smiled before turning off the light and getting into bed.

It's hard when you miss someone so much, and you can't do anything about it. Because having that space between the two of you, is the only way to make things right.