t h i r t y - f i v e

m e r e d i t h

"Mer, let's go. We're gonna be late." My mother knocked on my bedroom door.

Please don't call me Mer.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be out in a minute." I shouted.

Today I get to see a therapist, against my will. I don't need to see a therapist and think it's the most pointless thing in the world.

I quickly pulled a sleeping with sirens crewneck over my head and left my room.

"Alright, let's go." My mom smiled as we went outside and into the car.

I really didn't feel like talking, so I put my headphones in and played my music loudly so I couldn't hear anything.

-

"Meredith Skye?" The receptionist called out. I stood up and she led me down a hallway and into a room. "The doctor will be with you in a few minutes." She smiled. I nodded as she left the room.

They asked if I wanted my mom in there with me, I said no because I'd rather her not listen to all my dumb problems.

I looked around the room; it looked like a typical therapist office. A desk with degrees and shit on the wall behind it and a couch across from it. Which I'm assuming I have to sit on, so that's what I did.

Soon enough a tall woman wearing glasses walked in the room, sitting in the desk across from me.

"Meredith right?" I nodded. "My name is Dr. Laura Jamieson. So from what I have here it says your mother suggested you should come see me. Why?"

"Well we just moved here a few months ago, and I really hate it here. So I'm really unhappy most of the time. But the only thing that made me remotely happy was talking to my friends back home, but them my mom was like "No, you need to stop relying on them for your happiness" and took away everything I use to talk them with. So that just makes me even more unhappy and she doesn't even notice." I sighed.

"Why did you move here then?" She raised an eyebrow.

"Well at the time I was unhappy with myself and I thought if I came here that would change, yeah no. As soon as we got here I knew it was a mistake." I rolled my eyes.

"So you have any other problems that I should know about?" She said putting her glasses on her forehead.

"Well," I sighed. "This is a pretty long story, heads up."

It took me almost twenty minutes to explain everything, and once I was done it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"Meredith, so it seems to me that you have very severe anger issues and maybe a touch of depression. I would also like to see you once a week. How does Wednesday's at three work for you? So I also would like if you had some sort of contact with your friends because that seems to be a big factor in your depression at the moment, so please tell your mother to give you your things back. Okay?" I smiled and nodded, because I finally get to talk to them again.

"Alright, I'll see you next week Dr. Jamieson." I said before going into the waiting room where my mother was waiting for me.

"How was it?" She cheerfully asked.

"Good, and the doctor told me to tell you to give me my phone back so I can talk to my friends again. She said it's a factor in my depression, so I need it back. As soon as possible." I told her as we went to the car.

"I don't know Meredith." She shook her head.

"Seriously? A fucking doctor told me that. It's not my choice. Jesus." I huffed sitting in the car.

"Fine, I'll give it to you at home." She rolled her eyes.

-

"Here." She handed me my phone. It took me all the strength I had not to squeal.

"Thanks." I said before going into my room.

I sat on my bed, smiling as I pressed call on Jack's name.

"Mer?"

"Hi, Jack."

"Are you crying Mer?"

"Yeah, I'm just happy I get to talk to you again."

"Aw, here I'll go get Addie and the boys and we can all facetime. Sound good?"

"Yeah."

"Be right back."

I hung up and waited for the facetime call.

Incoming Facetime from Jack Gilinsky.

I pressed answer and saw Addie, Jack, Cam and Shawn all smiling.

"Meredith! We miss you!" Addie smiled.

"I miss you guys so much, you have no idea." I smiled wiping my tears with the sleeve of my sweater.

"Don't worry Mer! We'll come and see you soon." Shawn reassured.

"Not if my mother has anything to do with it." I scoffed.

"What do you mean?" Cam asked.

"Well, I literally begged her to give me my phone so if you guys show up she'll probably make you leave." I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, how did you get your phone back anyways?"Addie laughed.

"Well, I saw a therapist today and she said I need to talk to you guys because I have depression according to her." I said like it was nothing.

"Depression? Meredith, are you serious?" Jack asked.

"Yeah, it's just minor though. No big deal." I chuckled.

-

I spent the next two hours talking to them about my therapist visit and how I don't need to go for weekly sessions.

Jack and Addie think I do, but Cam and Shawn agree with me.

So I don't really know who to listen to.

I honestly trust Addie's judgment the most so I'll keep going to see Dr. Jamieson. But I really don't see the point, but it's not really my decision anymore.

"Meredith, can come here for a second?" Ryan shouted from his room.

I sighed putting my laptop under my bed before going into his room.

"What's up?" I popped my head inside.

"Mom told me about your therapist visit today, you doing okay?" Um, yes?

"I'm fine, the doctor says I have slight depression and very severe anger issues. And I have to see her every week for god knows how long. So I don't really think I'm fine." I trailed off, starting to cry.

"Aw, Mer. It's okay. Please don't cry." He said getting up to hug me.

"No, Ryan it's not. All I want right now is Jack, and for him to comfort me and tell me it's going to be okay, even though I know it won't be." I sobbed.

"I know, Mer. They'll be here to see you soon. I know it." He smiled.

"No they won't mom will make them leave." I rolled my eyes.

"You don't know that." He reassured.

Yes I do.