s e v e n

m e r e d i t h

"Yeah, and the wedding is in two weeks and Tara is never not at my house. It's driving me nuts." I was ranting to Shawn on out lunch break. Seemingly I have quite a bit to rant about theses days. Tara, the wedding, my dad thinking I abuse people, Jack still hating me. Numerous things.

"You're eighteen, why don't you just move out already. I mean you have the money." He suggested. Oh yeah. I just never really had the thought because I had no reason to move out. Now I do.

"I could do that couldn't I? Maybe I'll go apartment shopping later." I smiled.

"Who's apartment shopping?" Cam walked around the corner. I pointed at myself.

"There's a vacant apartment right across from mine. You should come check it out." He said sitting next to me.

"I might." I smirked.

"Okay. Meet me in the parking lot after work. I'll come with you." He smiled and went back in the dining room

Wait, doesn't he live with Jack? Well, if I do buy that apartment I'll be in for it.

"Well, I have to go back to work, I'll see you later." I said to Shawn. He smiled and I went to the kitchen. Jack was taking his orders from the chefs, I was watching him.

There was something about him that just drew me in, no matter how much I hated him.

I just kept staring.

"What's up princess?" He walked past me.

"Oh nothing. Just waiting for my orders to be finished up." I sighed.

"Cool. Cool. So Cam told me you might be moving in the apartment across from us?" I nodded.

"Nice, so I might be seeing you a lot more?" I nodded again. He smiled. Oh that smile. Kills me every time.

"Yeah, I just can't stay at home anymore. Too much for me." He nodded.

"Well, I'll see you later." He went into the dining room with his orders.

Oh my god. Did we just have a normal conversation? With no arguing. Nothing?

But knowing my luck, that won't last for very long.

-

As said, I met Cam after work. He was leaning against his car.

"Alright, the weirdest thing happened earlier, and I feel the need to tell you. Jack and I actually had a civil conversation. I was amazed." I couldn't believe it.

"Maybe he's realized how dumb he's being." Cam laughed.

"He's acting almost like a teenage girl with her mood swings, sometimes I just have to take a guess into how he's gonna act that day." Sad, but true.

"Alright enough about him, let's go get you that apartment. I can drive you there then bring you back here. Okay?" I nodded and got in the car with him.

-

"Oh wow, this apartment is really nice," I said looking around, it was on bedroom and bathroom, and then the living room was hella nice. So was the kitchen. "I'm definitely taking it."

There was also a real estate woman with us, so I could sign stuff once I made my decision.

"Alright, just sign here and here," She handed me a pen and paper. I signed where she told me. "Okay, you can move in as soon as you like, Miss Skye."

"Thank you," I smiled. "Have a nice day."

She smiled and then walked out.

"I can't believe it, I have my own apartment now. Holy shit!" I jumped up and down. He was jumping up and down too.