e i g h t

s h a w n

"It was just a side of her I've never seen, I mean she was mad Shawn." Jack was telling me about what happened at Meredith's house the other day.

"Did it have anything to do with her dad's fiancée?" I asked.

"Um, yeah it did why?" I got up, I need to talk to Meredith. She needs someone right now. I know how she feels about Tara.

"Hey, where are you going?" He asked curiously.

"To see Meredith, cover my shift for me? She needs someone right now." I took off my white apron and tossed it on the counter.

"Fine." He mumbled and I rushed outside.

Today was Meredith's day off, so she's probably at her new apartment.

So that's where I went.

When I got up to her apartment, I knocked on the door.

"Mer, it's Shawn. Can I come in?" I said against the door, I knew she wasn't going to answer.

"Yeah, it's open." She said quietly. So I walked in to see her sitting on the couch with a can of frosting and a spoon.

Yikes.

I went and sat beside her.

"Hey, how're you doing?" I softly asked. She put the frosting on the coffee table.

"If I'm completely honest, not good. My whole family hates me. So, there's that. Jack hates me even more now and I don't have a cat. I need a cat." She put her face in a pillow.

"I'm sure they'll forgive you, they can't hate you forever. And for Jack? He seems pretty rattled about seeing you like that. He hasn't shut up about it all morning." I said truthfully. Like he won't stop talking about her. I'm ready to punch him.

"See, if I can't control my anger like that. We'll never end up being friends. Like as soon as we're starting to get along something happens. So I'm not even sure if I should keep trying." She sighed.

"Oh Meredith, don't say that. I'm sure you guys can be friends sooner or later." I tried being helpful. She wasn't having it.

"Nope. Not after this one." She put a spoonful of frosting in her mouth. It kinda disgusted me.

"Stop," I took it from her. "You're gonna go get dressed and we're gonna go out, Okay? Okay." I pulled her off the couch and pushed her towards her room.

She came back looking a little better. But her outfit choice was questionable.

"All black? Really?" I asked. She was wearing ripped skinny jeans, a black PRVIS t-shirt and black vans.

"Yes. Now can we go?" She grabbed her keys off the counter and went in the hallway.

-

We finally decided on going to a café a few blocks from her apartment, we both ordered ice teas and sat on the patio.

After about an hour, Meredith started acting weird.

"Shawn, that woman over there won't stop staring at me and it's making me uncomfortable." I looked over my shoulder to find the woman. Her and Mer looked strangely alike might I add.

"Do you want me to go over there and kindly ask her to stop?" I asked. She smiled sheepishly. "Okay, be right back."

I walked over to her. Kinda nervous because I have no idea who that is. She could be a serial killer for all I know, and wants to kill Meredith.