f o r t y - f i v e

{last chapter, wow im sad, so im makin it short but sweet}

{a year and a half later}

m e r e d i t h

"Mer! Get dressed! We're all going out together." Jack shouted.

"Hmmmhmm. Be up in a minute." I mumbled into my pillow.

I rolled around bed for about five minutes before I rolled too far and fell out and onto the floor.

"Well, what a great way to end my nap." I rolled my eyes as I went to get dressed.

Lately we've been doing this a lot, all going out together. Usually every Friday we all go out and leave the twins with my Aunt and Uncle for the night. Or Jack and I go out for what we call 'date night' and leave the twins with Addie, Cam and Shawn.

So, with that I picked out my favourite black skinny jeans and a white v neck, and then putting on a red flannel and rolling up the sleeves.

Once I was content with my outfit, I went downstairs where everyone was waiting for me.

"Man, I go for a nap and no one ever bothers to mention we're doing something afterwards." I shook my head jokingly.

"Well, let's not waste any time, we gotta drop off the twins first." Addie mentioned.

"Right," I nodded. "Alex, Owen! Let's go!" I shouted and they came running up to me.

"Ready?" I asked and they both nodded.

-

"Where the didily dang are we?" I asked as we pulled up to a very expensive restaurant. 

"A restaurant." Jack replied, as if I didn't know that.

I rolled my eyes as he parked and we all got out.

We went inside and got to our table, which was right in the middle of the whole place. I thought it was little weird, but I shrugged it off.

After a while, Jack was starting to get all weird and jumpy. Something that's unusual of him unless he's super stressed out about something, and there's really nothing to be stressed out about that I know of.

I looked over to the others and they just shrugged.

"Okay, fuck it. I was gonna do this big thing but here I go anyways." He said getting up and walking over to my spot, standing in front of me.

"Meredith, I knew that when I first met you I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. Even though you scared the hell out of me, I just wanted to be able to call you mine. So now that I do, I want to know. Will you marry me? You know, again?" He got down on one knee and pulled out a gorgeous ring.

"Of course I'll marry you, again." I said through my tears as he took the promise ring off and slid on the engagement ring.

"I love you so much." I mumbled wrapping my arms around his torso.

No one said life was perfect, but for now I would like to say it is.

Because I've been to hell and back just to be where I am today, so I believe that I should get that one shot at life long happiness.

And knowing I get to spend the rest of my life with Jack, I have no doubt in my mind that I will have a shot at life long happiness.

Someone once told me, "I hope you find the happiness you're pretending to have."

I finally found it and no one can ever take it away from me again.

t h e - e n d