t w e n t y - f o u r

{THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 500 READS}

m e r e d i t h

"Jack? Are you asleep?" I whispered.

"Not anymore, what's wrong?" He answered.

"Oh, I don't know. I'm just in a depressed mood and can't sleep." I sighed.

"Is it because of Ryan?" He asked.

"Yeah, probably because he's leaving in the morning and I'm just not ready to say goodbye quite yet. This will be the longest time we've been apart in our whole lives, Jack." I shivered at the thought. He pulled me towards him, so we were spooning. He put his head in the crook of my neck.

"You're gonna be alright Mer, I promise." He whispered.

"As long as I have you, then yeah." I smiled.

"Alright now back to sleep babe." He said before falling back asleep himself.

I closed my eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

{dream sequence}

It was the day Mikayla and Hayley decided to dump me, and I came home from school in one of the worst moods.

"Hi Meredith." My dad said, not noticing how upset I actually was. As usual.

"Hi." I mumbled going up to my room and slamming the door. I put my back against the door and slid to the floor slowly. 

"I fucked up again, and this time I have no one to turn to." I quietly said to myself.

"You have me." Ryan said from outside the door. I moved away from the door and opened it, he came in and sat down beside me.

"What's wrong Mer Bear?" He asked.

"Everything, my friends aren't my friends anymore. The whole school hates me, so I can't make any new friends. It's all my fault, I lost my temper and everyone saw." I sobbed.

"Aw Mer, please don't cry. I know how hard it is for you to try and stay calm all the time, and sometimes it's okay to let it all out." He hugged me.

"At least I have you, I love you Ryan." I smiled.

"You'll always have me Mer, and I love you too."

{end of dream}

"Mer! Wake up!" Jack shook my shoulders.

"Who, what?" I shot up.

"Mer, Ryan is outside, he's leaving in fifteen minutes." Jack informed me, I quickly jumped out of bed, looking down at my outfit. Sweatpants and one of Jack's t shirts.

"Eh, it's eight am I'm in one of those fuck it moods." I shrugged. I went to the kitchen and grabbed an apple. I don't know I just really like apples.

"Wait, can you come with me?" I asked Jack.

"Of, course. Let's go." He took my hand in his and we went downstairs and outside. Ryan was leaning against him car, waiting for me.

I ran up to him and hugged him.

"I'm gonna miss you so much Ryan." I mumbled.

"I'm gonna miss you more Mer." He replied.

"Okay, I'm not gonna keep you any longer, so go. But make sure to call me when you get there, or whenever you have the time. Okay?" I said putting my hands on his shoulders.

"Of course, but just promise me one thing. Please be nice to dad and Tara, be there for them." I nodded. "Oh and Jack, please take care of my sister. I know you're the only one who keeps her sane. You make her immensely happy, and if you ever, ever hurt her I will hurt you."