t h i r t y - o n e

{January}

m e r e d i t h

"Meredith, are you ever going to unpack? You can't just stay in bed all day texting your boyfriend or whatever. Go out and do something, like see that boy who lives next door. His mother and I are pretty good friends now." My mom said pulling open my curtains.

"He's nineteen and still lives with his mother? I'm good." I said pulling the blankets over my head.

"Alright that's it. I've had it up to here with your attitude Meredith. I know you aren't exactly happy and I realize that, but maybe if you tried helping yourself you wouldn't be like this every single day." She yelled pulling the blankets away from me.

She does have a point there, I haven't made any effort in the past two weeks to help myself. And the whole point of coming out here was to help myself.

"Fine, I'll go see said boy who lives next door." I mumbled.

"Good, I'll let them know. Go over around one okay? Ryan and I will be at the university picking up his textbooks for the semester. So we'll be gone all afternoon. And if I find out you stayed in bed all day I swear you'll pay." Jesus she's so strict.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be there." I rolled my eyes.

"Good. And I hear he has a twin sister, make friends with both of them. Okay?" She said cheerfully. I nodded, she kissed my forehead before leaving the room.

I leaned over to grab my phone. I had one message.

Addie: call me pleaseeeeeeee. i know you're talking to jack, and i would like to have a chat with you. i misssss you.

I smiled before calling her.

"Hey bitchhhh." She answered.

"Hi Addie, what's up?" I laughed.

"Nothing, I just wanted to talk to you. Because I haven't in about a month. So how was Christmas for you? Ours was okay, it was just missing you."

"It was alright I guess, I wasn't expecting much. But I got a few cd's, a framed and signed PVRIS poster from Ryan and some clothes." I shrugged.

"So how many signed posters is that? Four? Lucky duckling."

"Yeah, they're honestly my children."

"Coolio, so how are you liking Baltimore?"

"If I'm honest, I kinda hate it. I made a dumb mistake of coming here and should've stayed with you guys."

"Yeah, but Jack said you're not allowed to come back until June which sucks, but maybe the four of us could road trip it over there."

"You should though, it could be fun. But just wait a few months or else my mom will think it was all my idea sending you guys here to pick me up. So wait until like May or something."

"Of course, I'll try and sort that all out. But I gotta get to work, so text me later and we can Facetime or something. Cam and Shawn wanna talk to you as well."

"Okay, see you then." I smiled before hanging up. I threw my phone to the end of m bed and just laid down and stared at the ceiling.

Meredith, you need to get up and unpack. You live here now, get over yourself and get off your sorry ass.

Oh shut up brain.

But I took my subconscious advice and got up and started opening up boxes. I didn't have too much stuff, most of them were pictures of me and friends and shit like that. The first box I opened had all my other framed posters, I had the box labeled fragile about ten times. I looked around deciding where to hang them. I decided on the wall opposite the door, so you can see them as soon as you walk in.