f o u r t e e n

m e r e d i t h

Jack and I were just chilling in my apartment, listening to music. Until I remembered something.

"Oh fuck." I said under my breath.

"What?" Jack asked while looking up from his phone.

"I just realized I left something at my dad's house." I muttered.

"Is it that important? Because you and I both know nothing good will happen if you go over there." He went back to his phone.

"Yes Jack, it's very important. It's the one thing my mother left for me; my piece of shit dad gave it to me when I was ten. It's a necklace. I usually never take it off, but I must have taken it off and left it in the bathroom somewhere." I said getting off the couch and going to put my shoes on.

"Well if it's that important to you," He got up. "I'm coming."

"Jack. You really don't need too. I'm quite capable of doing it myself." I said grabbing my keys. I still had the key to my dad's house.

"Mer. If anything does happen, I want to be there for you." He said sweetly.

"Fine." I groaned and we went to my truck.

-

"It looks like no one is home, so we can get in and out pretty quickly." I said to Jack as we pulled in the driveway.

We went up to the door, and I knocked. Just to make sure there really was no one home. There wasn't, so I unlocked the door and we went inside.

Suddenly a small bulldog came waddling around the corner.

"Oh my fuck. That's so cute." I gushed going over to pet him or her. I don't know.

"Mer, do you think that's a good idea? They could come home any second now." Jack said, I was too busy playing with the dog.

"Oh hush, just look at him. Aweee you're so cute aren't you. Yes you are. Yes you are." I giggled. I continued to play with the dog until we heard the front door opening.

Jack and I looked at each other before running like hell upstairs and into the bathroom.

I looked around a little before finding the necklace.

"Okay, I have it. Now we just need to get out of here alive." I chuckled.

We heard footsteps coming near the bathroom, and they stopped. The door knob started to turn slowly, I lunged to the door and slammed my body against it so who ever it was wouldn't come in.

"Oh what in hell?" It was my brother. I moved away from the door and he came in.

"Meredith?! What are you doing here?" He asked in shock.

"I was just leaving, come on Jack let's go." I grabbed Jack's wrist and went downstairs.

Of course my dad, Tara and Bella were down there. Super.

"Meredith. What are you doing here?" I my dad asked.

"I was just getting a necklace I left my accident. We'll be going now." I tried to leave, he stood in front of me.

"Um, that's not yours anymore. It's Bella's." I choked on my own spit.

"Excuse me, no it's not. Mom gave this to me and I don't want that devil child to have it." I muttered.

"Yes it is. Hand it over Meredith." He demanded.

"No." I simply said.

"Meredith Alexandra Skye." Oh he did not pull that one on me.

"Stop. Just stop. I'm not going to give it back to you. It's mine. Mom gave it to me for a reason, not fucking Bella. So please just let me out of here before I get even more angry." I said through gritted teeth.

"Give it to me Meredith." He shouted. 

"NO. Why would I give this necklace that I cherished my whole life to a child who's probably gonna think so little of it. So no. I won't." I stared off into the distance a little.

Tara tried grabbing it from my hand.

"Fuck off bitch, I swear if you even touch me I'll break your nose." I shouted.

"Why are you so violent Meredith, you're such a rude and bitter person to everyone." My dad said.

"You wanna know why dad? Because you were the shittiest parent in the whole world. You never gave a fuck about me, and you wonder why I'm so bitter? It's because no one ever cared. So if you don't mind I'll be going now." I shouted before storming out. This time Jack wasn't behind me.

I waited, he never came.

So much for caring about me.

I decided he could walk home, so I got in my truck and drove home.

-

When I got inside the building, there was a guy getting his mail. I hadn't seen him before. He was blonde, that's all I knew. I decided maybe I should check my mailbox, so I went over to check. I had one magazine, that's it.

I went to the elevator, pushed the button and waited. He stood beside me. I smiled at him, attempting to raise my mood a little. He smiled back and we got inside the elevator.

I decided to be a nice person for once and started conversation.

"Uh, I haven't seen you around here before. Did you just move in?" I asked cheerfully.

"Yeah, I did. I moved in a few days ago." He said. Hmm, maybe I can befriend this nice boy.

"I'm Meredith Skye." I extended my arm.

"Jack Johnson." He shook my hand.

The elevator dinged and the doors opened, we both walked into the hallway. He stopped at the apartment right before mine.

"Oh, I live right next door. If you wanna come over later you can. I need the company sometimes." I chuckled.

"Sure. See you later Meredith." He said before going inside his apartment.

He seems nice, but dang his name is Jack. I'm really not liking the other Jack too much right now.

"If something does happen I wanna be there for you." What bullshit that was. Like okay, say you wanna be there for me and then don't follow through with it. K.

-

Around six someone knocked on my door, I paused my movie and went to get it.

It was Jack, the guy I had met earlier. I remembered I said he could come over.

"Come on in." I opened the door wider as he walked in.

I sat back on the couch and he did too.

"Well, since I hardly know you. Tell me a little about yourself." He asked me.

"Uh okay, I'm eighteen, I work at the country club, my favorite bands are Sleeping With Sirens and PVRIS {pronounced paris} I quite enjoy tea, and one last thing is I have slight anger problems. So if you heard me yelling at anyone the past few days, that's why. I can't control it sometimes." I chuckled.

We spend the rest of the night kinda just talking and getting to know each other, and from what he told me he seems pretty rad. I mean like he's boyfriend material if I do say so myself.

Like, if he turns out to be the good egg I'm hoping he is, I'm dating that shit.

{OH LORDY LORD, lol hey guys just wanted to say hi hi. So what do you think of Mer and Johnson? There's gonna be so much drama coming up, I'm excited. So stick around. Ily}