t w e n t y - f i v e

m e r e d i t h

It's been three days and Ryan still hasn't called me. I told him to call me as soon as he got there.

At first I thought well he's probably super busy getting things ready for the semester and I wasn't really worrying about it. But now I don't know what to think.

-

It was the middle of the night, like two am or something and my phone started ringing. So I reached over to my bedside table to answer it. Addie was away for the weekend so I didn't have to worry about waking her up.

"Hello?"

"Meredith? Hi, it's Tara."

"Er, hi. What the hell do you want? It's two in the morning."

"It's Ryan. He's in the hospital. You need to come, now."

"What the hell happened?"

"He was in a car accident, please just hurry up and get here."

"I'll be there in ten minutes."

I quickly threw a hoodie on and went to Jack's apartment; Addie isn't here so she can't take me. I pounded on the door and a very sleepy looking Jack answered.

"Mer? What the hell?" He said rubbing his eyes.

"No time, I need you to drive me to the hospital. It's Ryan." I said starting to tear up. Christ, I cry too much. He went to grab his keys and followed me out the door.

The ride to the hospital was silent. I couldn't say anything. The only thing running through my mind was what happened to Ryan. Is he alive? Is he dead? Is he in a coma? So many things.

Jack and I walked inside, and I just clung onto his arm. I was beyond nervous. Tara texted me the room they were in and we went up to it. Her and my dad were standing outside, my dad looked so stressed out. And a different stressed out than usual. I rushed over to them.

"What the fuck happened?" I shouted.

"He was in some sort of car accident, but he won't tell anyone how it exactly happened. You see, he has some sort of amnesia. So he can't remember anything. So we were hoping that since you are his twin, he might remember something and tell you." Tara explained.

"Well, if I'm you're only hope at the moment. Let's do it." I sighed going over to the door. I put my hand on the doorknob.

"Mer? You ready?" Jack said from behind me.

"I guess." I said before slowly opening the door. Where Ryan was lying on the bed watching tv.

"Er, hi." He said looking at Jack and I.

"You don't remember me. Do you?" I asked.

"No sorry." He said with sad eyes. I looked at Jack with the same look.

"Well, I'm Meredith and this is my boyfriend Jack." I introduced us; Jack smiled to himself when I called him my boyfriend.

"Nice to meet you guys." Ryan said diverting his attention back to the tv.

I couldn't help myself but quietly cry to myself, my twin brother doesn't know who I am. That hurts so damn much.

"Come on, I'm bringing you home." Jack whispered and we walked back into the hallway.

"Anything?" My dad asked. I shook my head. "I guess you can go home, I'll call if there's any news. And Jack, please make sure she gets some sleep. I know she doesn't sleep well when she's stressed out."