Prologue

Lafayette Cemetery

Today has got to be the worst day of my life. My boyfriend asked me to sacrifice a witch, human and vampire to do an vampire enhancement spell which I created, to make him stronger than Marcel so he can over throw him and become the leader for Vampires. Me being the naïve witch I was I did what he said but got caught red handed quite literally by one of the witch Elders, Bastianna. So now I'm standing in the middle of Cemetery as Bastianna started my shunning.

"By order of the law set forth by the Ancestors, in accordance to the decree of the nine covens, Altair Claire, you are henceforth banished from this community. Your title is revoked, as is your link to those that have come before. You will no longer have contact with the Ancestors. To the New Orleans witches, it will be as though you were never born.". I was holding back tears as I saw the hatred and disgusted looks the coven was throwing at me while they all yelled "Traitor!!". "Murderer!!". She held up the scroll as the crowd went silent and she turned to me and said coldly "It's time."

The crowd of witches moves to form an aisle by separating into two parallel rows. Once they're in position, I started to walks in between the two rows of witches. As I started to move towards first they turn her backs on me to symbolize my exile. As each of them turn to face the opposite direction, I could feel the Ancestors leaving me with each pair as I gasped in shock. The farther I went, the more power I started to lose, which had more and more of a physical effect on me until I reached the end of the line where I was practically tripping and left the Cemetery

Apartment Near The Docks

I wiped my tears and knocked on my boyfriend's door while my mind went to my little dove, Vina. How she would think of me being shunned, I know my mother wouldn't care. She hated me because I was constant reminder of my Dad, who died in an accident when I was 5. The door opened and I saw the love of my life Ryder ask harshly "Did you do it?". I hesitantly shook my head and saw he was flaring in anger and spit out "You waste piece of shit!!. You couldn't do a simple ritual right!!". "I'-I'm-" I was cut off by a harsh slap in my face which led me to fall on the floor with teary eyes while he yelled "Don't talk back to me.!!" He started to kick me in the stomach while I begged "I'-I'm s-sorry!!".

He didn't listen he harshly grabbed me by my throat and said while punching "I asked for one thing!!". Black spots started to appear and his voice started to fade away, I couldn't feel my face anymore or anything for that matter. I was starting to lose conciseness when I was thrown to the floor and I coughed up blood then weakly opened my eyes to see a dark skinned man. He was questioning Ry, I couldn't hear them then suddenly he put his hand into his chest and I acted quickly even if I was in excruciating pain and threw him off Ryder magically and yelled in pain then crawled to Ryder who was breathing heavily and I was about to touch when he sped away leaving me alone with broken ribs, knees, arm and face.

"Here, drink this" I could hear a voice and faintly and I unintentionally opened my mouth then I could taste this metallic liquid. In few seconds I was healed and could see clearly and saw the vampire he was tall had dark skin, buzz cut and he said "Why did you do it?". I knew what he asked about so I said while slowly standing up "You were going to kill him.". "He was going to kill you if I didn't interfered.". I shook my head and said while tears pooled out of my eyes "He was punishing me and I deserved it, I couldn't do one thing he asked me and I deserved it all -" He cut me off and said sternly "No you don't, no one deserves that. You were being used for you magic."

"I don't believe you, he loves me. After he got more power and became leader we were going to live happily!!.". I yelled at him he was taken back then something flicker in his eyes and he said "He doesn't love you. Why don't I prove it to you.". I nodded confidently and we stood up, we came to see Ryder held by two vampires. He made me hid behind him while he said to Ryder "I heard you created a vampire enhancement spell with that brat. Did you made it to use on me or for me."