Chapter 28

Whitmore College

I've just left my class and Z went to her next and I saw Kat with an unknown women and casually listen in "Yeah? Well, I've decided to live a little. Now, may I be excused, scary vampire daughter?" Kat said and I furrowed my bowed in confused and listens as the other women said "You've been avoiding me. I don't like it.". "Clearly.". "We had a moment, you and I. There was a bond. I felt it, and then, nothing. You abandoned me all over again.". "Okay. First of all, I never abandoned you. You were snatched out of my arms at birth because my father thought I was a knocked-up, shameful slut, and second of all, it's been five hundred years. Do we really have to do this whole mother-daughter bonding thing? Estrangement is so much easier, don't you think?". 

Just then Care cut in and said "Sorry to interrupt the world's weirdest lunch, but, you with the doppelgänger blood, duty calls.". "Wonderful. Now that Katherine's a human and fragile, everyone thinks that they can just boss her around. Hands off, okay? I'm going.". "We're not done." the women says and Kat said "Oh, yes, we are." and walked away. I joined the duo and asked Care "Dare I ask where you two are going?". "I don't know. Caroline?". "Tessa is doing a Anchor swap spell and she wants three doppelganger's blood to do it. we're getting Bonnie to be the Anchor cause well Silas screwed us over.". "Called it" Me and Kat said we went to the Car.

On the Road

Care's driving to the Boarding House, I'm with Kat in the back seat and asked "Petrova, why have you been avoiding me. Again?". "What is with young people and being so clingy nowadays?". She asked and I asked "Your deflecting. So I'm gonna ask again. Why have you been avoiding me.". "I don't know, I've been a buys girl and guess you didn't really were on my schedule.". She said and I sighed and asked "Are you ok?. You would have died by Silas drinking the cure from you but you didn't and your human now. So are you Ok?". "I'm fine little witch, don't worry about me.". "Your lying, I don't believe you." I said and we bickered the whole way.

Salvatore Boarding House

We three came and Care said turning to Tessa "She's all yours.". "I need a drink" I said and got myself a glass from Damon's Bourbon after I made a vamp speed pit stop downstairs while listening into their conversation and learned that Kat's aging faster than normal and came back sat on chair then went deep into though on how I can save her with some portion. "Your scheming something." Damon said sitting next to me with a glass and I said "Maybe, don't worry I'm not gonna do anything to you.". "It's not me who I'm worried about.". "Yeah, yeah. Elena I know. Don't worry Tessa's powerful and knows what she's doing.". "And I'm supposed to just take your word for it.". "Have I ever lied to you." I asked and he shrugged, suddenly wind started blew fast and every blub blew up and light went off.

"Do you have flashlight?!" I asked in the dark and he yelled "In the kitchen, top right drawer!!". I vamp sped and took two came and threw one to Damon and said "Let's go and check on them" He nodded and we went. We both came to see only Kat and Elena then Damon asked "Electricity's out in the whole house. What happened.". "Silas is here.". "Well, Silas owes me a fuse box. Hang on. I only count two doppelgängers. Where's crazy pants?". "And where's the other crazy?" They went and I asked Kat who's been rubbing her hands "You ok?". "I'm fine." I rolled my eyes and forcefully took her hand to see a cut in her hand and said biting my wrist "Here. Drink this." She drank he blood but soon coughed up and I asked "The fuck?". 

"Great. Just another tragic side effect from taking the cure. Apparently the universe just doesn't want me to heal from vampire blood. Stupid universe. Find me that damn witch so she can finish that spell!". "No, sit on the parlor while I get a first aid Kid. Kat!!". "Fine!!" She yelled back and went, while I searched for a first aid kit and came back at the parlor. "Give me your hand" I said and while kneeling next to her, she gave me he hand and I said applying a anti-septic "This will sting a bit.". "I can take a lii-Ahh" She cut off by her hiss and I chuckled then said "Sure you can Kat. Now shut up.". I put cotton in the cut and wrapping the bandage while she said "I didn't want to ask for you help."