younghoon's adoption story

~

jacob sat in his and sangyeon's shared room as he leaned against the headboard of his bed. Sangyeon hasn't been home in a week because of his hectic work schedule. he knows that sangyeon's only doing it for the sake of the family, but at the same time, he feels kind of lonely without his husband, you know?

sometimes jacob wonders if sangyeon purposely works overtime and voluntarily takes offers to go on overseas trips because he wanted to avoid the 10 little pairs of stomping feet, or if he wanted to avoid jacob, or maybe if he wanted to avoid both.

it was already two in the morning, and he knows that he should be asleep by now, knowing how tiring caring for his 10 children would be the moment 7 am rolls around, but he can't help but miss his his partner. so, he scrolled through his gallery of photos. he was looking at the many picture ha and sangyeon took together when he came across the first photo he had taken when the couple had just adopted their first child, younghoon.

the picture showed the one year beaming with such a bright smile along his bouncing fluffy hair while his husband was being smacked in the face with younghoon's tiny hand.

jacob smiled softly as he recalled how he and sangyeon had decided to start adopting, because, adopting 10 kids definitely never comes out from nowhere, does it?

~
* underlined speech is sangyeon's *

"sangyeon ah.. can i ask you about something?"

jacob asked, his head on sangyeon's broad chest, fidgeting with sangyeon's fingers and not looking up. sangyeon let out a little hum in response, letting jacob feel the vibrations in his husband's chest.

"what do you think about..you know? taking it a step further maybe?"

"what do you mean by that, baby?"

"well, i mean, what do you think about adopting a child? can't you imagine a tiny little baby that we can bring into our family and.."

sangyeon's mind started to tune out jacob's honey like voice as his mind wandered deep into his thoughts.

a child? he has never thought of a child, not even once. he thought that he and jacob were on the same page, that they both wanted to live a child-free life together and spend the rest of their days snuggled in each other's arms, just like tonight. since when was jacob ever interested in having a child?

"wouldn't that just be so adorable— honey? are you alright? it doesn't seem as though you've been listening..."

"oh uh no, it's just that.."

sangyeon sat up right and stared at jacob. the latter, confused, followed suit and sat up as well, staring back at the former.

"what is it babe? you look a little out of it..."

"i thought you didn't want to have kids?"

"..."

"i thought you and i wanted to live child-free? when did your thoughts on wanting to adopt children start cobie?"