特殊章 一

a forgotten birthday

req. by @hyejuluvr

~

"MAMA WHERE'RE MY SOCKS?"

"HELP MY BAG ZIPPER WONT CLOSE"

"HYUNG DID YOU TAKE MY MOSQUITO REPELLENT?"

"I SPILLED NOODLES ON MY BAG"

"where'd you even get noddles from—"

"DOESNT MATTER MY FINGERS HURTTTT"

"boys calm down!"

it was the night before the big day. the eight year olds (plus haknyeon) would be going on their first ever school initiated camping trip and the boys were an excited mess.

water bottle — check, eye mask — check, extra pairs of clothes — check, a jacket for the cold night — check, teddy bear? check!

younghoon was running through the contents of his bag with the checklist he had made all by himself the week prior. i mean, it was his first time away from home, he had to be sure he was prepared! line by line making sure everything was where it should be.

it was also going to be his first birthday spent away from the rest of his family. the boy, of course, was extremely saddened at first, but his mood was gradually lifted after a promise of a special celebration right after the camp. it also wasn't all too bad, hyunjae and his cute little brother, haknyeon, would be joining him on his trip, so at least he wouldn't be spending his birthday alone right?

he patted himself a job well done after he was done packing, went over to his mama and papa's room room to give his good night kisses before tucking himself into bed, giggling into his pillow, not able to wait for the night to pass and the day to come.

.

the three boys, with their (enormous) backpacks placed securely on their backs held hands as th ey queued up to get onto the bus.

"i wanna see bats flying round 'n tigers pop out and sing!"

"it's not the lion king, hyung..."

"oh, I WANNA SEE THE LIONS TOO!"

"uhm—"

"WHAT ABOUT POLAR BEARS INSTEAD"

"hyung!"

"SORRY HAKKIE IM JUST REALLY REALLY EXCITED AND—"

"bae jaehyun would you please lower your volume."

"sorry mrs sohn..."

the excited boy immediately kept quiet and glared at the teacher. out of allllll the screaming kids getting on the bus, she had to call him out? just him out of everyone else? that was so super duper unfair if you asked him! of course, hyunjae didn't hold that grudge for long before he was busy swinging haknyeon and younghoon's hands that were in his around as their turn to get on the bus inched closer and closer.

"pairs. bae trio. you can only sit in pairs."

the three looked at each other as they reached their turn to get on the bus.