birthday boy, hyunjae

~

"ITS MY BIRTHDAY EVERYONE!"

"EVERYONE WAKE UP ITS MY BIRTHDAYYYY!"

the whole house groaned at the loud screams that came from jaehyun's mouth.

jacob, too, awoke to the sounds of jaehyun's screams. he chuckled to himself and turned around to wake sangyeon up as well.

"hey baby wake—"

"oh.."

jacob felt disappointment course through his veins as he saw the empty bed beside him. of course he wouldn't be here, he wasn't ever here. not when he goes to bed, not when he wakes up.

sangyeon's never here. and it pains jacob to think : i'm used to this.

he doesn't want to get used to the feeling of sangyeon not being around. he doesn't need a daily dose of disappointment every time he sleeps at night or wakes up in the morning. he so wants sangyeon with him. is it normal to miss a human being this much?

"MOMMY WAKE UP ITS MY BIRTHDAY!!!"

jacob quickly morphed his face into one of excitement as he saw jaehyun leap onto his bed, jumping into his arms, just like he always had since the first time they met.

jacob wrapped his arms around the little boy's body as he showered his face with little kisses and the boy returned the favour by letting out a fit of giggles.

"MAMAAAAAA-"

"alright, alright, happy birthday sunshine~"

jaehyun clapped happily as he was hoisted up onto jacob's shoulders. to the five year old, being on his mama's shoulders felt like he was the king of the world! i mean he could see everything down below and best of all, he got to keep his mama all to himself for the day.

"to the kitchen!!"

.

"sang where are you? . no i— what how can you say that you—. are you really just going to— wait—"

"ahhh..damn it."

jacob threw his phone on the bed in frustration as he sat on the floor after being hung up on. sangyeon had already missed six birthdays so far this year, and this was only the sixth one this year!

mhe felt that sangyeon was drifting further and further apart from the family as the months go by.

was he the problem? jacob had been thinking about that recently. has he gotten boring? or unattractive? it's probably the second one.

jacob's body isn't what it used to be, had lost some weight due to running after all the kids and his muscles became less firm too. was it his face? did sangyeon not find him pretty anymore? or maybe it was the fact that they couldn't make love any longer?
what if he had found someone else since jacob wasn't enough to satisfy him? what if, what if..

all these thoughts raced through his mind and he felt himself choking back a tear that was threatening to fall. his heart clenched at the thought the possibility sangyeon seeing someone else. his insecurities that he had promised sangyeon that he'd bury away came flooding back up to the surface at full speed.