十六

eric's adoption story
~

sangyeon walking down the brightly lit streets of LA, with the city bustling and busy even though it was at night. he looked around at all the bright neon signs with english words on them.

man how he wished jacob were here to help guide his ass to where he needed to go. a bad sense of direction plus being in a city with a language foreign to him was a recipe made for disaster.

he wished jacob was here to hold his hand and stare at him with those loving eyes, chastising him on how he could be so silly and not know where to go. he wanted to place an arm around his waist and kiss his lips so that he would shut up, he wanted to see jacob's face flush red, he wanted to hear jacob's beautiful airy laughter.

but jacob wasn't here. because sangyeon had pushed him away, because jacob had eight kids to care for, because sangyeon left for america without even informing jacob beforehand — just like what he had been doing for the past few months, gone without notice.

he saw his phone alert him that he had just received a text from jacob, with a few pictures in tact:

jacob <3 :
you didn't tell me you were leaving
for the week again :(
stay safe out there and take care
of yourself alright?
btw, the kids and i tried baking cookies
today 😅 we made quite the mess,,
but it was a very cute mess!
* view pictures *

<seen>

sangyeon scrolled through the pictures jacob had attached. there was one of juyeon's face covered in flour, one of sunwoo with sprinkles in his hair, looking like a deer caught in the headlights, one of kevin and younghoon trying to spread frosting out on the cookies, and one of hyunjun, who somehow ended up inside the mixing bowl.

sangyeon pursed his lips, telling himself not to smile at the pictures. he didn't miss them, absolutely not. not a single bit.

he looked up from his phone, somehow arriving to the correct restaurant, a whole 10 minutes before he was supposed to arrive. he walked inside, telling the waitress the name of his boss, who had reserved the table for tonight.

he was ushered into the private room, where his higher up already sat. what he didn't expect though, was for there to be a baby sitting next to him. and he sure as hell he didn't expect for this woman to be there.

sangyeon looked at him, and then at her, then to the child. he was oh so confused while his boss just asked him to take a seat. after a long chat and constant whining from the bored baby (and the lady), he finally said this:

"so, take him back. i really have no time in my schedule for this anymore...and i know you have many children, what's one more going to do, right?"

sangyeon stared at the other with his jaw dropped. no, he didn't want another son, not in a million years. especially... not—

no, he just didnt want that child. sangyeon tried rejecting his request, saying that he doesn't have the time or the money for another child either.

upon hearing the rejection, the higher up and got mad. he began threatening to leave the baby out on the streets— on a cold night, presumably to let the poor thing freeze to death without a blanket or extra food — knowing that it would probably get sangyeon to change his mind.

and it did.

sangyeon sighed. he wasn't a monster who would want a child to sit outside overnight in the cold, but he didn't want to take in another child either.

sangyeon pinched his nose bridge and let out a sigh, relenting to the higher up's request. the latter passed him the baby in the carrier, and told sangyeon that his name was eric.

after the dinner, everyone left the restaurant — with one feeling relieved and the other distressed — and sangyeon now had a child in his hands.

~

upon returning back to korea, he immediately made his way home, the baby still in the carrier. he unlocked the door and went up to his room, ignoring the greetings and questions from his other kids and made a beeline to jacob.

"welcome back—"

sangyeon shoved the baby carrier into jacob's hands, leaving jacob in shock as he stared at the baby that was just shoved into his arms. he looked up at sangyeon, eyes asking for an explanation.

"boss threw a baby into my hands, it's ours now i guess."

sangyeon said, scratching his head with a cringe, before tearing his eyes away from the tiny child in jacob's hands to go to wallow in self pity for himself in the bedroom.

the baby, looked just like him.

~

> HELLO i'm back with other chapter, my midyears are a grand total of ONE WEEK away and i swear i'm not going to make it out alive.
> anyways, i know y'all have been DYING for a sangyeon chap, so here ya go ;)
> thanks so much for reading and i hope you guys are having an amazing day/ night!