十二

the aftermath : babies are here to save the day!

~

jacob didn't sleep the whole night, instead he had just stared at the ceiling, mind blank. he heaved a sigh. today was going to be a tough day. he doesn't know how he'll be able to hide his feelings from his children. how long until he breaks down again?

just as he thought that, he heard the door creak open and the little shuffling of feet could be heard. jacob could tell it was chanhee at the door.

"m-ma-ma.."

jacob carefully sat up, trying not to move too much, afraid that he would reopen the wounds. he was glad he threw on some long sleeved pajamas, now the kids probably wouldn't ask questions.

"morning beautiful~"

jacob winced at his voice sounding hoarse and cracked, nonetheless he gestured for chanhee to come closer and engulfed him in an embrace.

chanhee snuggled into his mama's hold, giving him a morning peck on the neck before hiding his face into said part of the neck.

jacob smiled at the sight, gosh what would he do without his babies by his side? jacob stood up made sure to hold chanhee securely in his arms. it hurt a little more to carry him this morning, his arms throbbing in a harmoniously beating pain. he started slightly limping his was out of his room, and into the children's rooms to wake them up.

"morning prince~ morning sunshine~ morning doll~ it's time to wake up~"

jacob carefully shook each of the children awake and gave them a morning kiss on the forehead, the children stirring awake and letting out groggy "good
morning mama!" back to jacob in response.

haknyeon whined and made grabby hands towards jacob, wanting to be carried as well. jacob complied and picked haknyeon up in his other hand.

he crouched down to younghoon and jaehyun's height and smiled at the boys,

"could you help me wake up the others and greet them good morning please?"

"you got it mommy!"

"thank you sunshine."

jaehyun took a hold of younghoon's hand as they both made their way to their brothers rooms, chanting the good morning song at the top of their lungs to wake the boys up.

.

"SECWET MEETING IS NOW IN PWOGWESS!"

"SHH yeonie! It's not gunna be secwet if u shout like that!"

"guys...i don't think mama feels very good today..."

"mhm! mama seemed super duper duper sad today!"

"ish it b"cwuz dada not here?"

"but minnie! mama never seems THAT sad when papa isn't home..."

"hoonie hyung's right! but, it..it doesn't mattwer right now! we-we have to chweer mama up!"

"yeah!"